might get a 1990 Jeep Pioneer automatic with 4X4 and want to tow it flat on the ground. Does anyone know if the proceedure is the same, just put the transfer case in neutral and the transmission in park or neutral? ThanksI I should add that there is no owners manual in the car, that's why I'm searching around for the info. Thanks.

Blakelyfamily,

Usually the owners manual has detailed instructions under “Recreational towing”.  When I bought my toad I had the owner take photos of that section (several pages) and text it to me. It was really simple once you read it. You will know then if it suits your needs. 

Good luck

Paul

3 hours ago, blakleyfamily said:

might get a 1990 Jeep Pioneer automatic with 4X4 and want to tow it flat on the ground. Does anyone know if the proceedure is the same, just put the transfer case in neutral and the transmission in park or neutral? ThanksI

What does the owner's manual say?

Bill

Go to the FMCA web site. click on the Dashboard (it's the Speedometer Symbol on the right hand side), then click on the Search symbol then type in towing. There you will find a towing guide, then select the year you are looking for.

Herman