eric@babin.com

TPMS - TST 507 VS. EEZTire?

I searched this forum but couldn't find a good TST vs EEZTire comparison... maybe I missed it.

I'm looking at the TST:

https://www.amazon.com/Truck-Systems-Technology-Pressure-Flow-Thru/dp/B07FKWPHZF/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1534611913&sr=8-1&keywords=tst+8+sensor#customerReviews

and the EEZTire:

https://www.amazon.com/EEZTire-Tire-Pressure-Monitoring-System/dp/B009BFOHRC/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1534611750&sr=8-13&keywords=eeztire

I'm having trouble figuring out which may be best for me. Safety is the main concern.   We have 2014 Itasca Ellipse 42.

Any input would be appreciated.

I have been doing an internal TST vs external Tire Traker comparison since March and post data on my blog.

When pricing, don't forget the install cost with an internal system.

I prefer dealing directly with MFG or dealer as they can answer any technical questions you may have While all you will get from AMAZON is sales.

Bought my TT500 at FMCA event.

33 minutes ago, tireman9 said:

I prefer dealing directly with MFG or dealer as they can answer any technical questions you may have While all you will get from AMAZON is sales.

I have a different opinion, Amazon is a great reference for reviews of the product. I'm not suggesting purchasing from Amazon but I do check reviews on items I'm interested in purchasing. 

I recently visited with the owner of Tweetys.com and he said they have less returns and /or complaints with the TST System than others, for whatever thats worth.

I can't comment on the TST nor the EEZTire systems but can say that the TireMinder TM-77 system I've had the last two years has performed flawlessly.

In 2011 we purchased a TST brand system with 6 flow thru sensors.  Used it on two different fivers and a gas coach.  Last November needed to add 6 more sensors due to our current combination.  Upgraded to a new TST with 6 regular sensors and still use my original flow thru.  They all work great and are easy to change batteries in.  For my money TST is the way to go.

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 2:28 PM, fagnaml said:

I can't comment on the TST nor the EEZTire systems but can say that the TireMinder TM-77 system I've had the last two years has performed flawlessly.

Where did you buy the TM-77?

I went with EEZTire….. seems to be working fine.... one thing of note though.... they come with 3 spare batteries.... of the 8 sensors, 5 had dead batteries.  I contacted EEZTire and they are shipping 5 new batteries at no charge. 

Mark....

I purchased my TireMinder M-77 system at Camping World in Katy, TX (far west side of Houston).   Their "sale price" along with the Good Sam Club discount was cost competitive with offers on Amazon.  I try to keep my "RV purchases" local as possible if the "brick and mortar" stores will come close to Amazon or other on-line pricing.

On 8/26/2018 at 3:38 PM, ERIC@BABIN.COM said:

I went with EEZTire….. seems to be working fine.... one thing of note though.... they come with 3 spare batteries.... of the 8 sensors, 5 had dead batteries.  I contacted EEZTire and they are shipping 5 new batteries at no charge. 

I run EEZ Tire without flow through sensors. Its a little over a year old and works perfectly. I also do not use a repeater and the toad works perfectly as well. Very happy with it. 

The concept of comparisons is nice in theory but I do not recall ever reading any review that involved simultaneous testing of two or more TPMS systems or components. The best most can come up with is "A couple years ago I ran system X. Now I run system Y. I got better readings on system Y"

How do they know they got better readings? Were loads, tires, speeds, roads and ambient temperatures identical?

11 hours ago, tireman9 said:

The concept of comparisons is nice in theory but I do not recall ever reading any review that involved simultaneous testing of two or more TPMS systems or components. The best most can come up with is "A couple years ago I ran system X. Now I run system Y. I got better readings on system Y"

How do they know they got better readings? Were loads, tires, speeds, roads and ambient temperatures identical?

I will be glad to run a test if the manufacturers of two will supply their products, brand X 6 left and brand Y 6 right.:blink: Maybe Michelin will donate 8 new tires to the cause.:wub:

22 hours ago, fagnaml said:

Mark....

I purchased my TireMinder M-77 system at Camping World in Katy, TX (far west side of Houston).   Their "sale price" along with the Good Sam Club discount was cost competitive with offers on Amazon.  I try to keep my "RV purchases" local as possible if the "brick and mortar" stores will come close to Amazon or other on-line pricing.

Thank you... After a little research I found out CW is the sole distributor for the TM-77.  Bought one several days ago, have not installed yet.

12 hours ago, tireman9 said:

I think the biggest issue of concern is how it was designed to operate. We all know they monitor pressures and temperatures, but the functionality of the display is what really will tie it all up as a decent product. I have had three systems in 10 years. Pressures were never the same as the hand held gauge with any of them, they were all off 1-3 PSI, was it the gauge or the TPMS? Who knows....

The Pressure Pro and EEZ Tire displays were simple and common sense was applied when designed, not so with Tire Minder. As an example the Tire minder we had whenever someone would walk in the coach and it picked up vibration it would turn on, the bright display looked like a light was turned on up front and worst of all it set off a loud chirp. Anyone sleeping up front wasn't sleeping anymore. Pressure Pro and EEZ tire have switches to shut them off while parked and no audible sounds unless there is a leak. Pressure Pro and EEZ tire can also be hard wired to the ignition circuit of the coach and came with cigarette lighter plugs or hard wire plugs. 

Tire Minder had many, many false readings, example when the tires got hot pressures and temperatures rise (who'd of thought??) when they would cool down I had 10 leaking tires, Seriously....10 leaking tire alarms.

Its the basic functionality and design that I never thought about until awoken in the middle of the night or annoyed while setting up or unloading at home or getting fuel etc......

Pressure Pro, works with Silverleaf and came with coach...I replaced all 8 this year!  If you have an on-board computer, make sure your sensors are compatible...otherwise you need another screen.  I don't need or want 4 screens!

My comparison of internal set "A" vs external Set "B" was done on one set of tires.  I followed up with Internal set A vs external set C

I also was able to get a direct pressure reading comparison with a special test fixture that provided same pressure to 12 sensors.

My report goes live tonight on my blog. I hope it helps a few people.