richard5933

Browser Being Tested

Starting yesterday, whenever I load the FMCA forum the browser pauses for a moment on a page telling me that the site is testing my browser.

What's the deal? Is this some type of new security protocol to see if my browser is updated? Or is there something wrong on my end? Anyone else seeing this out there?

I just tried this and it happens in Firefox, Explorer, and Chrome, and it happens on both of my computers. A screen shot is attached.5b7b679bf0dcf_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.ae4ffb164d4e6726b5c3063d81d49396.png

It happens on probably all computers at the moment, I have accessed from 7 different PC's since yesterday morning, and has happened on all of them. Here is a link that will help explain why,  https://blog.radware.com/security/ddos/?utm_term=ddos attack&utm_campaign=Search - Blog&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&matchtype=e&network=o&device=c&adposition={adposition}&keyword=ddos attack&msclkid=793e1282d

DNS attacks are becoming very common, none of us need them, very crippling to say the least.

OK, I e-mailed my staff contact in the IT department at FMCA.

Here is the answer: " I would post that it is a temporary thing we are doing while checking the system."

Hi Members,

Yesterday towards the end of day we were noticing some possible issues, so to stabilize our environment in the off ours we turned on a bit of extra security until things leveled out.

The extended measures have now been turned off and everything should be functioning as normal.

Thanks,
Larry Pennington
FMCA Senior Engineer

Larry - Thanks for the update. Just as a suggestion, but a heads up would be nice when we are going to be seeing strange screens pop up. With the way things are today everyone is on high alert (or should be) and seeing the strange screen when logging in created concern.

33 minutes ago, richard5933 said:

Larry - Thanks for the update. Just as a suggestion, but a heads up would be nice when we are going to be seeing strange screens pop up. With the way things are today everyone is on high alert (or should be) and seeing the strange screen when logging in created concern.

I agree, a heads up would be very beneficial to members.  Like Richard said, with all the cyber attacks going on it concerns me when I see pop ups like we had yesterday.

Thanks, Larry, I appreciate the information as to why we were seeing this pop up.