Sign in to follow this  
brianreed

Skyroam SoliS options

I have read about this new service and currently using the Unlimited Verizon JetPack, but I run out of the 15gig quickly.  This says it is unlimited every day of the month you pay for.  Says it is 4G LTE speeds.  Does anyone have any real world information?

www.skyroam.com

Well it looks good for $9.00 per day or $99.00 per month, the claim is good. I kept trying to find out how it works, but nothing on the website actually tell this. Only way that it can possibly work everywhere as described is by satellite, but nothing actually tell me that. At least the info provided tells me that for $9.95 per day I can rent one with no contract, I don't see anything about rental of the device, but you will have to have one to access. Let us know how you like it.

40 minutes ago, kaypsmith said:

I kept trying to find out how it works, but nothing on the website actually tell this. Only way that it can possibly work everywhere as described is by satellite,

OK got that question answered, no it is not satellite oriented, sure wish it was.

Signal problems -- device is disconnecting from network or seems slow

If your Skyroam device is disconnecting from the network or slowing down, there are some common reasons that this could happen: 

1) You are too far away from the cell tower.

2) There is something (or multiple things) between you and the cell tower that's interfering with the signal.

There are really only 2 culprits causing these problems: distance and obstructions.

Here are some common culprits that can obstruct cell phone reception: 

• Terrain
  • Man-made obstructions and buildings
  • Vehicles
  • Vegatation

Here are things you can and should try whenever this happens: 

• Turn the Skyroam Solis off and wait for 5 minutes (this is called a hard reset)
  • Stop moving so much and so quickly 
  • Try to change your location if you are in a stubborn spot
  • Find a window
  • Go to a higher floor or try to get above ground
  • Go outside
  • Download an app that lets you find cell towers and signals (such as open signal)
  • Use a mobile service map tool 
  • Buy a cell signal booster

MYTH: Skyroam should work wherever my cell phone works.  

FACT: Although Skyroam will work in most places cell phones are working, this is not always the case. There can be differences between providers based on which cell towers plans may be connecting to.  Not any one device or provider connects to every cell tower out there. 

In other words, it is still cell tower oriented, if no tower close by, bye bye wonderful service. Although if truly unlimited is what it claims, and you can use where you are already getting service, and you need that much data, it still may be worth it. But anywhere is not quite accurate