nitehawk

1989 Foretravel Grand Villa

A couple of points.  Have you looked at the top of end cap and roof for water leaks? It's wavy, like de-lamination.  I would re-caulk!  What is keeping the blocks in front, from rolling?

I could not tell from the pictures...is it the DP or the rear gas model?

Diesel pusher.

Not sure what "blocks" you are referring to, but if you mean the ramps I made, then the pieces in front of the tires are screwed in place with long deck screws. Oops, now understand what you mean. The wheels are not touching the ground when positioned for the coach to drive up on. Only when I flip the ramps over do the wheels touch the ground. They are offset  so the ramp surface is not touching the ground when the ramps get flipped.

I CAREFULLY drive up onto the ramps and then creep forward until the center hub of the driver's front wheel is centered over the blue painted tell-tale on the side of the ramp.

I have spray painted the driveway blacktop at each corner of the ramps with a spot of white paint so I know exactly where to place the ramps when we come back from an outing. No guessing how wide or how far forward to put the ramps or jack risers relative to the concrete the rear duals and the heavy engine end of the coach rests on. This method makes it easy to place the coach so when I mow with our lawn tractor I have the entire coach on the blacktop and not hanging over the lawn.

Re the front cap and the rear cap also, I have caulked both ends this spring. The junction between the caps and the fiberglass roof have a cover strip screwed over them. The full length fiberglass roof sheet does have a lot of waviness in it but no tears, cracks or leaks. I was told the coach had sat in covered storage for about 10 or 11 years. It only has around 84,000 miles on it.

Thanks.  Now, I don't have to  scratch my head anymore! :)  I almost got the rear gas, when it came out...that's why I asked.  It's a beautiful coach!

Carl,

The rear engine gas was not a real good choice in any coach until the very few Workhorse UFO chassis that were produced.

Most early gas pushers overheated badly and returned poor MPG.

Brett.

That's one reason I said, pass.  The other, was limited front visual...we got the Barth instead.  Al Gore had not invented the internet yet, so news was slow.  We got the last Barth!  My choice was Overland, DW Barth!  🙄 $127K in 1988 money!