redeye2

Water Pump makes lights flicker when turned on

I HAVE A 2007 TIFFIN CLASS A OPEN ROAD rv AND WHEN I TURN THE WATER PUMP ON THE COACH LIGHTS FLICKER AND SOMTIMES THE dc SWITCH TURNS OFF, HAS ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA?,  WILLIAM SHEFFIELD MEMBER F481199, THANKS

redeye2,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

What is house battery voltage before and then during this activity?

Are you on shore power?

Not sure what switch you call the DC switch? But it sounds like your batteries are low. Has this aways occurred or just started? If always, i would put a 5mfd capacitor across the power leads of the pump. 

I also think you might have a connection or two working loose. Can you access the back side of the panel with the water pump switch? If so, check that all connections are firmly seated and tight.

redeye2, do you have LED lighting inside? I have seen the Amazon LED's from China (all cheaper ones)will flicker when any pump is running, have heard people complain when they were deploying their jacks the interior looked like a disco. 

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 3:31 PM, wolfe10 said:

redeye2,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

What is house battery voltage before and then during this activity?

Are you on shore power?

HOUSE BATTERY VOLTAGE STAYS THE SAME JUST TRIED IT AND THE VOLTAGE WAS 14.21V, AND THE rv IS ON SHORE POWER WHILE I AM HOME AND IN  THE PARKS

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 3:34 PM, rossboyer said:

Not sure what switch you call the DC switch? But it sounds like your batteries are low. Has this aways occurred or just started? If always, i would put a 5mfd capacitor across the power leads of the pump. 

THE DC SWITCH IS THE ONE THAT TURNS HOUSE BATTERIES ON AND OFF, BUT MY HOUSE BATTERY VOLTAGE IS 14.21v, IT HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR A LONG TIME, I WILL TRY THE CAPACITOR, THANKS

You probably can get one at a lightning supply. They are used in halogen lighting products. I just threw away 10 of them when I rewired our churches parking lot lights. 

On 8/22/2018 at 4:12 PM, redeye2 said:

I HAVE A 2007 TIFFIN CLASS A OPEN ROAD rv AND WHEN I TURN THE WATER PUMP ON THE COACH LIGHTS FLICKER AND SOMTIMES THE dc SWITCH TURNS OFF, HAS ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA?,  WILLIAM SHEFFIELD MEMBER F481199, THANKS

William, what is the model of your coach open road?

Allegro, Allegro Bay, Allegro Bus, Phaeton or Zephyr And the floor plan Number ?

Do you have the Owners Manual? 

What water pump is installed ?  Is it the OEM pump or has it been replaced ?  What Latching relay is installed ?  7 amp, 10 amp or higher?

Is the ground connection at the relay and the pump clean and tight ?

Rich.

Model is Allegro, I do have the owners manual, I don't know if the pump has been replaced as I bought it used, where is the relay located, I am not familiar, thank you for your help.

The Water pump relay is generally in the same bay as the pump often in the same bay as the fresh water tank.  That is a good starting point, in your case you should be able to hear the pump running. 

The fallow wires from the pump and they should lead you to the latching relay.  Try to read the information on the pump label - Wright down all the info you can find. once you trace the wires back to the relay - wright down all the information you find and post it on the forum.

A owners manual is shipped with every coach along with a file of other information from the factory.  If you do not have the information, then you will need to contact Tiffin and ask how you get a copy of the manual and the paperwork file on all the equipment used to build the coach.  

https://tiffinmotorhomes.com/owners/service-center

Rich.

Common Water pump latching Relay

Water pump Latiching Relay.jpg