Sign in to follow this  
f438921

HWH leaking solenoid 6 pack, 05 Monaco Dynasty 42ft

My front air suspension will drop right down overnight, so I lifted it up as high as it will go and then sprayed down the airbags, lines, fittings and I found the solenoid 6 pack bubbling from between the solenoid and the base it mounts to. I ordered the o-ring seal kit for it and will be replacing them as soon as the parts arrive and I need to know if anyone here has had the same problem and is there any tips, tricks or problems you have ran into while changing them? I plan on lifting it as high as it goes, put the safety stands under it and lower it down onto them and drain all the air out of the system and take it apart.  I have included a short video of the leak as well.

IMG_7181.m4v

Grant

That was a good video of the leak. Let us know how it turns out.

While waiting on the seal kit to arrive, you might give the whole assembly a good spraying of WD-40 to clean the valve bodies.If your Monaco is like mine the assembly is wide open to every bit of dirt that can be thrown at it.

Good luck,

Herman

2 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Grant

That was a good video of the leak. Let us know how it turns out.

While waiting on the seal kit to arrive, you might give the whole assembly a good spraying of WD-40 to clean the valve bodies.If your Monaco is like mine the assembly is wide open to every bit of dirt that can be thrown at it. 

Good luck,

Herman

Herman are you saying to spray the entire outside of it down before taking it apart to clean it?

Yes WD 40 is a pretty good cleaner. However it may take a lot. When I was building elevators we kept it in 5 gallon cans to clean equipment with. I would suggest a dropcloth under it. 

Herman 

F438921,  I use a degreaser - if you keep Simple Green Extreme in stock to clean your radiator and CAC, that will work very well to clean off the dirt and grime. Then rinse things off with water. Much less expensive then WD-40.

The air manifolds are usually not that bad to get to and with all the air discharged. I do not think you will need to use jack stands?

Bretts, thought on doing one at a time makes it hard to mix up the connection sequence. Other wise label the lines and take some good pictures. Much easier to keep the lines in there proper location..

When installing, use plane vegetable oil to make installing the new "O" rings - it will not harm them. 

Rich.

48 minutes ago, DickandLois said:

I do not think you will need to use jack stands?

I would not crawl under any coach without jackstands in place, regardless of what chore that I was attempting to do.

2 hours ago, DickandLois said:

F438921,  I use a degreaser - if you keep Simple Green Extreme in stock to clean your radiator and CAC, that will work very well to clean off the dirt and grime. Then rinse things off with water. Much less expensive then WD-40.

The air manifolds are usually not that bad to get to and with all the air discharged. I do not think you will need to use jack stands?

Bretts, thought on doing one at a time makes it hard to mix up the connection sequence. Other wise label the lines and take some good pictures. Much easier to keep the lines in there proper location..

When installing, use plane vegetable oil to make installing the new "O" rings - it will not harm them. 

Rich.

Well if I don't use jack stands to hold the Coach up then how would you get under it?

I'm Slender enough to slide under the coach if needed. My air control valves are in locations that are not to bad to get to once I'm under the coach. If I need a little more room - using some 2 x 12 by 18 to 24 in. blocks to park on can make a big difference. Jack stands that will hold up under the weight of the coach are bulky and heavy. Wood parking blocks pack better and are much lighter.  

The hydraulic leveling pump and manifold are in one of the rear bays and one can work on them setting down on a stool.  I did replace 2 hydraulic lines in Alaska using just blocks and a good sized piece of cardboard to slide on. Took a few hrs., but the labor rate was good !

Rich.

Wow, I haven't been that thin since 5th grade in school. Currently 52 suit coat size, and 38 waist, so I still can't make, this coach after air bags settling, no air leaks is only 6 inches off the ground.-_-

Kay.  Rich went skinny with age and I can attest to the fact that he eats!  My chest dropped to my gut, so no more Limbo dancing for me! 😂 

Hi!  I have a 2001 Monaco dynasty 40 foot and I cut six-by-six and wedged them. I can drive up on them and work on everything with no air in the system.