chuckconnie

Best Tire Pressure Monitoring System

You need to define what you mean by "best".  Lots of people are running TPMS systems and each has their favorite. Usually the one they have and the one they have is likely the only one they have owned.  Look at the specs and comments on each brand and decide what is important to you, what you don't like, compare features, customer service, warranty and then decide.

Dutchstar is correct most like the unit they have

We have the  EEZ system and like it and have had no problems with it.  It did warn me of a low tire pressure on out toad and when I checked it out it was correct the tire pressure on the rear toad tire was in fact 28 and filled to recommended 32 that afternoon.  Left unchecked for a couple of days...who know what could have happened.

Having recommended pressure in a toad, is dependent on what kind you have, surface and weight in toad!  Just like the coach, just because my tires say #125 cold, don't mean I should have it that high!  Mine are 115.  My Jeep Wrangler has been modified, so I can't go by "recommended" anything!

I'm going to make it easy, the best one is the one you use.  I'm amazed how many rv'ers don't use TPMS.  I have successfully used TST for the last 10 years.

We purchased our first TST brand TPMS about eight years ago when we purchased our first used fiver.  It had flow thru sensors with user replaceable batteries.  Since then I have needed to monitor 12 tires instead of 4 so we just expanded our TST system.  Now we have a bigger new color monitor that does not have to be plugged in all the time with 4 flow thru and 8 smaller sensors.  Our TST systems have always worked perfectly.

Last night I seem to have successfully programmed six stem caps of a TST (brand) system.  If I can do it, it's idiot-proof.  Setup is a little involved but the directions are very easy to follow.  Haven't installed them yet. 

Update:  Installed and functioning.  Quite satisfied.

Edited by UrbanHermit
update

On 6/17/2020 at 10:44 AM, Badmanrick said:

We use a new Tireminder A1AS With 10 transmitters.  We have used Tireminder for several years. We are very pleased with the units and the customer Service.  

I have the Tire Minder A1AS.  The thing I like about it is that all of the tire positions are displayed at the same time.  I also have both spare tires (1 on the coach and 1 on the toad)  with transmitters.

DD69, where you camp 90% of the time, you got to have it.

How's it going with you?  Still on a walker?