manholt

Driver side slide, will not come in

Carl, the slide out motors generally get power from the Chassis / engine batteries. That is why most slide systems will not work unless the ignition switch is in the on position.

Regarding an air leveling system and slide outs - as long as the coach is level when extending the slides, the slide mechanics could car less and work the same electrically and mechanically.  Where power is accessed is up to the coach builder. They do try to keep them disabled while driving or have a alarm and a red LED active until the slides are docked inside the coaches.

Hope that info helps clear up some of your questions.

Rich. 

Rich.

We found the controller in bay with motor.  

It's a, LF326  1510000013REVOB   25Amp with a inline white fuse # A/125VP.

Carl, This is a more detailed copy of the Power Gear slide out manual.

Rich.

Power_Gear_ELECTRIC_SLIDE-OUT_operation_manual-pg_82_S0503.pdf

Page 33 plus or mines a page might be a good drawing of the slide in guest ion. 

If you can attach a picture of the drive motor - it might help me find something.

The number of the control board - no reference found. So maybe a picture of the mod  would help. 

Thinking the inline fuse(think that is what you found) is the main power feed for the system.

There was no pages beyond 16.  Now we have another problem, we  have a meeting with my Atty Wed. in South Houston...Suppose to flood there tomorrow!  One thing after another...just started drizzling here! 

1 hour ago, manholt said:

There was no pages beyond 16.  Now we have another problem, we  have a meeting with my Atty Wed. in South Houston...Suppose to flood there tomorrow!  One thing after another...just started drizzling here! 

Carl, That should keep you from getting bored ! Looking at some parts list information to see if there is an OEM number cross number.

I will look at the link and see if I and find out why it did not copy the whole thing. 

Rich.

Rich.,,

We have done everything we can do.  Just tried it again and the slide jumped & that would indicate a gear problem!  Linda called a friend who does slides for a living, he confirmed your guess about the gears...he'll be here in time for breakfast, lives at ranch down the road...Labor day rate is $300 an hour &  $500 service call...tomorrow, $80 an hour!  He will bring a new motor.  $387, mine is 14+ years old. 

We have Dove season!!! :P

e

The darn controller can be anywhere. Look in the bays on the ceiling of the bay, center of the bay. it is one place they hide them. Some Mfg's used Shwintek controllers for power gear slides. Ask me how I know.

If it is that type controller there should be a little button next to a LED. Use a ball point pen (I use a chopstick - hey, it's made in China.) and push the button six time and on the seventh time hold it in. The light should blink rapidly. Go run the switch in and if the slide comes in continue to hold the rocker switch in for a minimum of 5 seconds.

Whenever you run the slide in or out always hold the switch for 5 seconds or longer. If everything is quiet you may hear one of the motors cinch up when the other stops. It is the memory in the controller allowing it to sync with the other motor. 

All this is if it is that type controller. You may wonder how I am so smart in this area. Did I tell you I am 18 miles from Lippert and I spent some time there 3 weeks ago? They ended up changing out one of my motors.

Controller may look like this:

IMG_6864.JPG

FYI for anyone else: The LCI controller pictured above can control Schwintek or Power Gear slides. You can tell the difference by the track that moves the slide. A PowerGear track is a typical rack and pinion, that is straight out teeth on the track.  A Schwintek slide's track looks like a snake, or U's turned end on end.

In either case, when extending or retracting a slide such as these do not reverse the direction of travel once it has started. This "can" cause the motors to go out of sync. If you need to stop the slide, continue in the same direction and then reverse it once it has stopped. Also, always hold the rocker switch in the direction of travel for 5 seconds or more once the slide has stopped to let the motors sync with each other.

The controller will blink a code when something is wrong however it is not always the right code as I found out. Mine blinked a code indicating "Hall" voltage. Meaning voltage was not getting to the motor. Placing voltage on the wires going to the motor let my slide move so it was not the wires cause voltage was getting to the motor.

Year or coach may have very different controllers.

3 hours ago, manholt said:

Rich.,,

We have done everything we can do.  Just tried it again and the slide jumped & that would indicate a gear problem!  Linda called a friend who does slides for a living, he confirmed your guess about the gears...he'll be here in time for breakfast, lives at ranch down the road...Labor day rate is $300 an hour &  $500 service call...tomorrow, $80 an hour!  He will bring a new motor.  $387, mine is 14+ years old. 

We have Dove season!!! :P

e

Thanks Carl ! Think Linda's Friend is someone I would like to be able to contact (when I loose a Motor)not if - they will fail. 

Rich. 

Carl, you mentioned there is no brake.  Is there a black rubber boot partially covering the motor?  If so, there is an elongated piece of the covering and that is the lever for the brake.  Move it and that releases the motor so you can manually push it in, if needed of course.

5 hours ago, DickandLois said:

Carl, This is a more detailed copy of the Power Gear slide out manual.

Rich.

Power_Gear_ELECTRIC_SLIDE-OUT_operation_manual-pg_82_S0503.pdf

Page 33 plus or mines a page might be a good drawing of the slide in guest ion. 

If you can attach a picture of the drive motor - it might help me find something.

The number of the control board - no reference found. So maybe a picture of the mod  would help. 

Thinking the inline fuse(think that is what you found) is the main power feed for the system.

Carl, The File is complete at my end - you might retry down loading it. If it Does not down load correctly - I will send you a copy by PM and see if that works!

Wayne, the file that I attached to a reply to Carl pictures the same controller set up and how to set the torque level to match the motor. 

Rich. 

Wayne.  When my unit was built, you was a alter boy!  I have no track, only a 2 drive motor, 3 rollers and a horizontal drive bar held in place by a SS bolt/nut on each side of the motor.

Rich, thank you for your help...it was process of elimination that brought us to the gears! 😁Enjoy your biopsy tomorrow.  You'r health is in my mind all the time!

Bill.  No, just that it's the gears...they stopped makeing my unit in 2006, the year of the great meltdown was 2007!

Wayne.  Could be, for you and me! LOL  Herman was in High School. 🤣

Update: Slide is in! 

1.  Slideout is rated for 400 pounds.  It has most of kitchen and a full size queen, sleeper sofa in it.:wacko:

2.  Slide sub floor needs replacement and longer than 4" roller...the slide is bowed in the middle, where the roller is.  That's where the fridge corner & sofa rest.

3.  Motor & gears are good. :)

Have no bid on cost yet.  :rolleyes:🤬

Ouch! I have a slide that goes on behind the drier seat all the way to the back bathroom. It has the TV, Recliner, Dinette, Residential refrigerator, pantry, two clothes closets (Hers and hers with a little mine) I have not idea what it is rated for. 

Looks like a major overhaul of your slide Carl,

Herman, I'm getting 3 non binding bids and inputs tomorrow.  TCC, MofT and John in Marbel Falls, TX. one of Johns Tech's came out today and got the slide in.  They mostly work on Prevost's.  John also has a nation wide bus limo service for PGA, C&W gropes, MStars and Corp people who needs custom Coach Limo's.  He was in Nashville for George Straight's drummer, funeral.  On his way back now.

Wayne, thank you & good luck with yours! :rolleyes:

I just counted the rollers on my full wall slide - 10 rollers that are 12" long. 3 of the rollers are under the pantry and residential refrigerator. Hopefully thats enough.