manholt

Driver side slide, will not come in

The other 3 go in/out no problem.  DS goes out, but only come back 8".  Fuse, voltage is good, motor runs and just stops at same point each time.

No switch, Lipper Power Gear System, hydraulic...no leaks.  Got me by the short hairs!  Motor runs, bar turns...rear one is working fine.

5 hours ago, manholt said:

The other 3 go in/out no problem.  DS goes out, but only come back 8".  Fuse, voltage is good, motor runs and just stops at same point each time.

Carl, 3 hydraulic slides work - right?  The  4 th. is not and that one is electric ?  Correct !     Electric motor on that slide works and the slide drive shaft is turning even when the slide stops retracting- correct !

Rich.

Rich.  I have 2 electric hydraulic slides...the rear works,  front don't, when it stops, the motor is still on, but slide will not lift up and then go in!

The other 2 slides are electric only and work.

1 hour ago, manholt said:

Rich.  I have 2 electric hydraulic slides...the rear works,  front don't, when it stops, the motor is still on, but slide will not lift up and then go in!

The other 2 slides are electric only and work.

Thanks, So the slide will go back out to its normal extended point. then retract only 8 in. and stop, but the hydraulic motor is still running. 

Does the motor sound change when it stops / like the pressure load is changing?  Something restricting the slide at the point it starts to lift enough to complete the full retraction.  The hydraulic pressure  is set at the same point for both hydraulic  slides. 

Sure sounds like something is blocking the slide - something blocking it or the lift ramp that it slides up on is out of place. Any difference in the height of the slide floor from front to rear?

Rich

You got it...looks the same as it always has, not canted or high/low.  Normally, I would say low voltage, but meeter say 12.7...no loss of fluid.  It's like, it has not got the power to get over lip!

You got it...looks the same as it always has, not canted or high/low.  Normally, I would say low voltage, but meeter say 12.7...no loss of fluid.  It's like, it has not got the power to get over lip!

Carl, My thought is that the pin that keeps the planetary gears aliened in the drive gearbox has worn a out of round(oval) hole in the gear casting.

When that happens the gears do not generate the needed torque. If you can get some help pushing in on the slide so it can slide in and then if you can get a new motor or have a Good machine shop put a sleeve in the casting and secure it reassemble and install.

Rich.

The casting material is not the best - the pin starts to wobble .

Carl, I got nothing! Rich's comment makes sense! 

Can you see all of this from the basement? Anything down there binding it up?

Did Linda try her hammer? 😂

Sorry, haven't been on all day.

You say hydraulic so I'm assuming you have the black rectangular control panel with a touch pad configuration, one in button to push and one out button to push.

If so, is there a little pin hole at the top of the rectangle? If so, use a toothpick and push it into that hole and hold it there until the light flashes, then use the in and out buttons alternately and see if the slide will cinch up. This is the typical over-ride for bringing the slide in.  However, it has to be used carefully and never have one side come in more than 2 or so inches than the other.

The other option for that type of controller if there is not pin-hole is to remove it and see if there is a button on the back (reset) and push it then alternately use the in/out button to bring the slide in.

This all assumes you have the controllers I'm thinking of. 😀

Bill and Wayne ! Carl has 12.7 volts on his 10, 12 volt batteries and all the other slides work. 2 electric  and one hydraulic. The one the does not retract is a hydraulic drive and only moves in or out about 3 in. . The hydraulic pump motor  keeps running and the slide does not make it up over the ramp so the slide can continue to the full closed position. No fluid leaks or other obvious item blocking the slide.

I did ask if there was something blocking the slide. 

The only items that I can think of is the possibility of the ramp blocks out of position or a planetary gear reduction drive with a center pin for the gear setup that is no longer keeping the gears lined up properly. have seen this issue in in a campground, that sounds like what Carl is experiencing.

Rich. 

HWH Hydraulic pump is set at 3000 PSI - that much pressure should move the slide - something binding or out of adjustment. 

Rich.  I wish it was HWH system!!!!  It's Power Gear by Lipper Ind. Same as my Jack/Air leveling system.  Interior of coach is level, will see if I can round up some muscle this morning. Got to get this fixed by the 13th!  Otherwise, it will be Linda's DP going to Shawnee, OK.

WBill.  Linda did.  We both crawled into 2 bays to look for obstructions and motor.  There is a black wire that's connected in casing of motor and has a 3 female connector on it...have no idea what's it's for!  

Wayne.  No...just a rocker switch for in/out...

Wayne.  Your right, there hast to be a controller, probably in the battery compartment or OMC compartment next door!  Daylight I will look, at least that slide works!

Jim S.  You can expect a call..I figure you can be bribed 😁

3 hours ago, manholt said:

Wayne.  Your right, there hast to be a controller, probably in the battery compartment or OMC compartment next door!  Daylight I will look, at least that slide works!

Jim S.  You can expect a call..I figure you can be bribed 😁

Not that you know I can be bribed, lets start negotiating the price.

Seriously, I'm a phone call away and can most definitely hold the switch while y'all push. 😎

Rich.  I wish it was HWH system!!!!  It's Power Gear by Lipper Ind. Same as my Jack/Air leveling system.  Interior of coach is level, will see if I can round up some muscle this morning. Got to get this fixed by the 13th!  Otherwise, it will be Linda's DP going to Shawnee, OK.

Carl. This information might prove helpful for getting the Power Gear Hydraulic Slide back into place and then securing the hydraulic system. Need to open a valve  to allow the fluid to return to the supply tank- or all the kings men could not get the slide back into the coach !

Rich.

H_point_Hydraulic_Slideout_System_Operations_Manual.pdf

Rich.  After more inspection and spending 3 hours on internet..Sorry for miss information!  None are hydraulic!  All four are motor driven elect.  

One problem might be weight...unit is for up to 400 pounds, slide has sofa, convection/microwave, stove with corian and tile back-splash and the residential fridge! 😟:wacko:

Rich.  After more inspection and spending 3 hours on internet..Sorry for miss information!  None are hydraulic!  All four are motor driven elect.  

One problem might be weight...unit is for up to 400 pounds, slide has sofa, convection/microwave, stove with corian and tile back-splash and the residential fridge! 😟:wacko:

Carl, At least I'm Not alone - regarding missing things. Think What I mentioned in my post about the Drive motor gearing is back into the picture. Can you get a number(s) off the motor, I think that I have  a file that covers many of of the Electric and mechanical items that have been supper seeded with new numbers.

Also, you will need to remove the remove the drive shaft shear pin(s). Then there should be a 3/4 in. nut on one point on the shaft - that can be  turned with a socket wrench to retract the slide manually !  If there is enough room you might be able to use a drill motor and adapter to spin the common drive shaft.

I think I have some info in the PDF Format, Hope it is not missing after the the computer cash.  That could get interesting or frustrating depending on ones state of mind.

Rich. 

See my next post.  Think this will cover your slide out manual operation requirements. Not all is lost :blink:

I'm reading it.

1.  We have not found a controller yet.  

2.  My switch has no key or on/off position, just in/out.

3.  My slide outs work on AIR level, current or Jacks.

4.  There is no brake release lever on or near motor.