smckoin

Not Happy With Lack of Service

Called roadside assistance this afternoon for a winch-out from a parking lot with back wheels stuck in ditch. Very nice girl at call center informed me I wasn't covered. How can that be when the policy clearly states winch-out is covered? She did offer to dispatch a tow truck at my expense. NO thank you. Guess FMCA offers the same level of assistance that I left Good Sams because of.

Winch-out Service

Benefits apply as long as the RV can be safely reached from an established, maintained road, thoroughfare, paved street, highway, public or private parking lot. Winch-out coverage also applies when member is attending FMCA events and rallies. Winch-out services do NOT apply if the RV is more than 50 feet from an established, maintained road or thoroughfare, or was intentionally driven off the road, or when your RV cannot be reached safely. Benefit does not apply to recovery work (e.g., RV is down a hillside or embankment) or if the RV has been in an accident. Winch-Out services have a dollar limit of $500.

smckoin.  Welcome to the Forum!

Why was your drive wheels in the ditch and what kind of RV do you have?

sstgermain.  You should know better. :P

Yes, It was drive wheels were in ditch on my Class A. Yes, I should know better. Yes, it was entirely my fault, though unintentional. After contacting FMCA and leaving messages that evening they got back to me the next day and said it was covered and to send in the tow bill and they would reimburse me for the expense. I sure hope they honor their word this ground. Still bittersweet that they would leave me stranded for 14 hours. Not really the level of service I expected.

I had the same problem. Although I belong to the FMCA Roadside assistance program. I was denied a winch out because i was more that 100 feet for the pavement. What a horrible service it is. I will be taking twice before I join there service again. I am sure I want to belong to a service that is no good. They wanted to send be a tow truck at my expense. Hog wash! I don't want to pay for the service that I already paid for. I am sure to bad month their service plan to everyone that will listen. What a service plan! no good

On 9/17/2018 at 2:42 PM, fhpski said:

I had the same problem. Although I belong to the FMCA Roadside assistance program. I was denied a winch out because i was more that 100 feet for the pavement. What a horrible service it is. I will be taking twice before I join there service again. I am sure I want to belong to a service that is no good. They wanted to send be a tow truck at my expense. Hog wash! I don't want to pay for the service that I already paid for. I am sure to bad month their service plan to everyone that will listen. What a service plan! no good

Have you read your policy? I think that is an exclusion and not expected to be free. 

On 9/8/2018 at 11:49 AM, smckoin said:

Yes, It was drive wheels were in ditch on my Class A. Yes, I should know better. Yes, it was entirely my fault, though unintentional. After contacting FMCA and leaving messages that evening they got back to me the next day and said it was covered and to send in the tow bill and they would reimburse me for the expense. I sure hope they honor their word this ground. Still bittersweet that they would leave me stranded for 14 hours. Not really the level of service I expected.

Have you received satisfaction?  Please keep us updated. Thanks.