Catman300

She said,Lets get a Motorhome

Thanks Richard.Seems to be a great group of folks here,and lots of good information about RV's and travel.

Hopefully i will answers to help others too.

As Richard said...now it has begun!  There are times on the Forum, that reminds me of, "One flew over the Cocoos nest..."!

Smart newbie/ Welcome aboard as well. He bought a rig with a side radiator or so it seems. Wish that I had done that.🙄

19 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Yes, Welcome Catman, but watch that mailbox when pulling out. :D

Herman

Hey,Thank y'all for the warm welcome...uh,i guess that's what you call it.🤣

Herman,you nailed it.When i pull too close to that mailbox.....i am waiting on the day i forget it is there and take it out because i couldn't see it.lol

I only park there long enough to unload the coach into our 5th wheel set-up in Shawnee Forest,then go park at one of our campsites.

8 hours ago, obedb said:

Smart newbie/ Welcome aboard as well. He bought a rig with a side radiator or so it seems. Wish that I had done that.🙄

Rut-ro,😮 Sure hope that side radiator doesn't give me problems!? I do know to keep it clean,especially between the intercooler and rad.

Welcome. I remember when my wife said that also and it's been nothing but enjoyable since, except when it's cabin fever weather in the Northeast.

On 9/9/2018 at 11:48 PM, manholt said:

As long as you keep the CAC clean, you'll be fine!  Take it, that your 5'er has more living space than the coach?

Thanks again y'all.YES,We have a 38' Copper Canyon 5'er with 4 slides set-up at our property under a 20'x41' shed type bldg,with a 41' deck under roof.

It seems to have more room than the Coach,but really not as 'open' floor space really.Been camping for many years and just bought this Newmar few weeks ago.We are fixin

to get our house ready to sell and use our Shawnee property as a base camp,then hit the road with a toad.

Purchased this immaculate 2000 38' Newmar Dutchstar Aug 2018 from a private owner. The service shops had been putting too much oil in it according to receipts and WAYYY over full on the stick..It used 3qts in the 300 mile trip home.Right away,i changed the oil and filter,15w-40 Rotella,and put the correct amount of oil in it per the oil pan that is on the  300 CAT engine. 19qts. 

We spent the winter (3-1/2 months) in RGV Texas,NM and AZ. Also been to TN and back since then.Let me tell y'all...When this coach had 24qts of oil in it,you could get a whiff of burnt oil almost everytime time you came to a stop.NOW since i have put 19qts in it,we have now drove 6,800 miles and i have NOT added a single quart of motor oil to it.I did read if too much was put in that it will blow it out and may not stop.Well,i can contest to that.I thought at first i bought a severe oil burner,but now i have an engine that is perfectly sealed and pulls any mountain i challenge to climb.

Same thing happened to me and I can tell you everything from the engine back gets wet with oil from the blow by and man is there a lot of dirty and oily dirt under there.

Good luck and keep on RVing.

Herman