smilnjac

Rotor Needed

I have a Onan LPG generator (6300) on a 1999 Harney (Safari) Renegade.  After replacing the voltage regulator twice the ONAN shop here tells me I need a new rotor...problem is the part is obsolete no longer in stock.   Onan rotor part # 201-3388-S3.   If anyone has any ideas where I might find one I'd be most appreciative 

Suggest you try the various Salvage yards. I think your coach reference is a Renegade made by Harney Coach a division of SMC. They were bought out by Monaco who stopped production of the Renagade immediately. A salvage yard may not want to tear down a generator. Being a LPG generator the parts have to be certified. I had one that the exhaust manifold cracked, cost $700+. Might be less cost to buy a diesel unit used or new. If I remember correctly, ours used 1 gallon of lp gas per hour. We ran out a couple of time when running roof air to keep cool while driving through Kansas. 

1.  Check with nearby dealers who work on Onan generators.  Probably going to find one where the motor part died and electric end OK. May be easier to swap out the whole electric end than just a rotor.

2.  Look on Craigslist under RV, then "Onan" in search box.  Yes, you will get a lot of hits where a motorhome has an Onan generator, but also, likely more than a few complete Onan generators.

Like Ross, I doubt an RV salvage yard would be interested in tearing down a working generator to sell a rotor.

No idea if the electric ends are interchangeable with your generator, but:

From the Dallas Craiglist:

https://dallas.craigslist.org/sdf/rvs/d/onan-marquis-7000/6684260421.html

Another option would be to remove the LP part of your old generator and install on the one you buy.  Again, a good (old-time) Onan tech is your best bet for your options.

I know that Colaws RV Salvage has quite a few Generator. And like Brett said, find a good pre-owned and move your LP part to it. 

877-548-2125

Good luck

Herman