jc21014

RV Fridge to Samsung RF 18

About 3-4 weeks ago, we traded our 2004 Dutch Star DP and purchased a 2010 Newmar Dutch Aire Model 4304 DP from Motor Homes of Texas in Nacogdoches, Tx. It came with the double door SS Norcold 1200 series rv fridge which I admit is working relatively well. I have not been a supporter of them for some time nor do I trust them. We are scheduled to have it replaced by MH of TX on Oct 15 with the Samsung SS 17.5 cu ft French Door Counter Depth model RF18HFENBSR. Our other choice was a GE 18.6 cu ft French Door Counter Depth model GWE19JSLSS @ $500 more. Over the past several years when the big push started with folks to replace their rv fridges with residential ones, Samsung was mentioned frequently as a choice. Reader comments on the Home Depot website for "both" is all over the board. What have members of this forums experienced reliability wise if the have changed to either the Samsung or GE models I mentioned? Good, bad,???coolsmiley.gif

I recently read Samsung was having problems leaking and having problems locating repair vendors in certain areas. There are quite a few of them out there and on here with NO issues, but it is something to consider when deciding what to use.

I have the GE15.5 in ours in place of the Norcold 1200 series. It was chosen because it is used in an RV application from the factory on some Fleetwood models and it didn't require cabinet or inverter or battery alterations. 

2 hours ago, jleamont said:

I recently read Samsung was having problems leaking and having problems locating repair vendors in certain areas. There are quite a few of them out there and on here with NO issues, but it is something to consider when deciding what to use.

I have the GE15.5 in ours in place of the Norcold 1200 series. It was chosen because it is used in an RV application from the factory on some Fleetwood models and it didn't require cabinet or inverter or battery alterations. 

That was several of the things that I also noticed folks were complaining about on the Home Depot site in their evaluations.  Do you have the model # of your 15.5 GE fridge plse?  Is yours the French Door Counter Depth?

Samsung, LG, Maytag and several others, are Chinese owned now.  Parts and service must be obtained via the Holding Company Headquarters in China!  I got the info from internet, Linda had a Maytag washer that broke  and could not get parts to fix it.  After several attempts, we gave up...it's now sitting in the back 40!  We replaced it with a GE.  :)