rcieslak67

Aqua Hot 450D

1 hour ago, jleamont said:

Aquahot uses two different boiler fluids.

The pink with the attachment listed above and Regular automotive antifreeze (ethylene glycol based) (older models), but both go into the interior heating loops, not the fresh water systems. 

Yes but he OP is asking how does he winterize the domestic hot water portion of the Aqua Hot. For that he can run regular pink RV winterization antifreeze through that loop.

If he has a 50:50 mix in the boiler/heat loop he needs to do nothing.

If it is not 50:50 he would need to add the Aquahot Boiler andifreeze in either pink or yellowish depending on what is there now.

2 hours ago, sstgermain said:

Yes but he OP is asking how does he winterize the domestic hot water portion of the Aqua Hot. For that he can run regular pink RV winterization antifreeze through that loop.

If he has a 50:50 mix in the boiler/heat loop he needs to do nothing.

If it is not 50:50 he would need to add the Aquahot Boiler andifreeze in either pink or yellowish depending on what is there now.

Not exactly, annually you need to check the PH if equipped with Automotive Antifreeze (Ethylene Glycol), in the interior heating loop, if the PH deteriorates so will the boiler system. 

Aquahot "Boiler" fluid is pink. If its any other color they will need to call Aquahot and figure out what it is and what's supposed to be in the heat loop, if incorrect fluid it should be flushed and replaced. NOT ALL Aquahot's come with Boiler fluid, some utilize regular Prestone automotive antifreeze, if not sure,,,.,.,.,again call Aquahot. That could be an expensive guess/mistake.

FLUIDS;

Aquahot Boiler fluid; utilized in later model units, fluid is in the sealed closed heating circuit loop

Prestone Antifreeze;  utilized in early model units, fluid is in the sealed closed heating circuit loop (greenish yellow in color). I used the Prestone name as that was the factory fill on my coaches system. Routine PH and corrosion testing is required, so is flushing of the product once the product deteriorates.

RV antifreeze (NON TOXIC); Utilized in the fresh water system when freeze protection of the fresh water circuit is needed. This can be drawn into the system depending on coach make and model fairly easily.

This post got off course but NEEDED clarification for the OP before something terribly expensive happens or they poison their fresh water loop. 

Aqua-Hot Technical Questions

Aqua-Hot Technical service department
Phone: 800-685-4298 

You are not correct. Stop giving mis-information.

From the AQUA HOT web site

Aqua-Hot heating systems use either the Camco (pink color) or the Century (green color) brand products. The color your system has depends on the coach manufacturer and the model year of your motorhome.

What Brands Of Boiler Antifreeze Are Recommended For Aqua-Hot Heating Systems?

Aqua-Hot heating systems typically use either the Camco (pink color) or the Century (green color) brand products. The color your system has depends on the coach manufacturer and the model year of your motorhome. TIP: Don't mix colors in your Aqua-Hot system. Mixing pink and green boiler antifreeze produces a brown color that maybe confused with corrosion, creating unnecessary service expense.

I'm not gonna argue with you.

Nuff said.

Isn't the concern of running automotive type (toxic) antifreeze in any of these systems on the circulating side due to the risk of a leak forming and the toxic antifreeze contaminating the potable water supply?

I believe I was successful in winterizing the Aquahot. I talked to a tech expert at Aquahot Corp and he advised me that they recommend the propylene glycol

antifreeze recommended for the cold and warm lines into and out of the Aquahot unit. He said as long as you have pink antifreeze coming out of the

hot and cold drains you should be OK. It get's almost as cold as Wisconsin in Michigan and it is much cheaper to winterize the system until we leave for Florida

for the winter. The other side of the Aquahot does get boiler fluid which as a different composition than either of the other antifreezes.