landmarkwife

poor service department

just a warning for FMCA members to stay away from Optimum RV in Ocala FL. They will tell you anything to get your money, there is no service after the sale. we have been trying to have issues fixed for over 9 months on our Landmark. JUst one excuse after another , when you can get them to return your calls. anyone wanting the full story can contact me at 2brascher10@gmail.com or here at FMCA. And thank you FMCA for having  a forum so thar other FMCA members won"t fall into the same trap we did. FMCA # F482513

Landmarkwife. Welcome to the  Forum! :)

I have no idea what a Landmark is!  However, I have always believed that Sales people, go to a universal school.:wacko:  Your story is very common on and off this Forum!  Suggest you deal with the Manufacturer, direct.

My guess is dealers that once gave good service and followup on warranty issues can no longer find qualified workers. The good ones moved on to better pay or retired. There are dealers in the my area that once gave good service. They now sell units that are serviced by an outside company. Are the sales reps honest about that😎?  

Joe Leamont can certainly tell us how hard it is to find good help.

On 9/18/2018 at 5:41 PM, obedb said:

Joe Leamont can certainly tell us how hard it is to find good help.

You cant imagine how difficult and frustrating it is! 

OK.  I saw a Landmark at Six State Rally...Big 5'er with 5 slides!  So, I looked it up and that's a nice looking RV.  If I ever go full time (witch I doubt) I would get a 5'er!  Much more room and bang for the buck!  :)

Since you are well set in MHs, Carl, you would not like travelling in the 5th wheel.  Nor would you like pulling into to a CG in the fog/rain/dark and have to set up.

FIVE.  You might be right, never tried it.  As for fog, rain & dark, I'm not a happy camper, when that happens in coach.  I still have to H/U & get wet. :( There are drawback's on both!  In a full time situation, we would want our toys with us & that means a Stacker trailer.   In a 5'er, you would need 2 trucks. :blink:  Since we have a beach house and 3 ranches between us, I don't think full time is in the cards!  :lol:

6 hours ago, manholt said:

FIVE.  You might be right, never tried it.  As for fog, rain & dark, I'm not a happy camper, when that happens in coach.  I still have to H/U & get wet. :( There are drawback's on both!  In a full time situation, we would want our toys with us & that means a Stacker trailer.   In a 5'er, you would need 2 trucks. :blink:  Since we have a beach house and 3 ranches between us, I don't think full time is in the cards!  :lol:

You can wait until morning and maybe the weather is better and then you can hook up.