Sign in to follow this  
jbell

Cell Boosters

Anyone tried one of the Cellboster.us kits offered on Tech Connect. Looking for one in the 4 to $500.00 range. Just seeking  some guidance here.

Sorry!  Guess, between 2 Major Hurricanes and Historic flooding in Texas, you fell between the cracks....I sent you a PM.  Hope it works for you! :)

We use the Wilson WeBoost  cell booster for the RV.  Works OK as long as you have a weak signal.  But with no signal, you have nothing to boost.

Ken

Linda informed me that we also use the Wilson...I like it, so many places that she gets zero (Verizon) and I get 3 bars (AT&T).  Between the 2, we have about 98% phone service!

I bought a complete Wilson system with outdoor antenna that I mounted 25 feet above ground. No improvement. Checked around all sides of our home and the best signal I had was -110db. Wilson told me if I didn’t have -87db or better(lower the number, the better) to return the system. I did but was charged 10% restocking fee by the supplier. 

They vary somewhat based on installation. Most are an outdoor antenna, coax to a two way repeating amplifier, and coax to an indoor antenna. There does need to be some distance between the two antennas for good reception. 

Um, ok. Then my next question, Do they Work?

I use one of the Verizon MiFis from FMCA. We live in an all metal home so I have to place the MiFi in a window to get a good signal but it work very good for us.

Herman 

Herman, ask Linda...she is my expert in all things, computer, satellite, booster, etc. She has your system also & long before FMCA deal.  Between the both of us,  we have over 160 GB/unlimited a month!

Installed the Fusion 3.0 RV kit, my receive dbm improved from 113 dbm to 89 dbm. This now allows us to stream movies which we could not do before.

So far so good and I got a 15% discount through FMCA.

Anixous to see how it preforms at other locations.

What location are you in now?

Herman.  When we go to the Three River ranch, it's a all metal barnominium, we have great reception via the Verizon MiFi, on the office desk and there are no windows!

We are here at home in Whitewright.  I get two most of the time and three bars some of the time. We aren't close to a tower so I feel we get fairly good for our location.

Herman