Sign in to follow this  
deluco

Looking for a Firm Mattress

The mattress that came with my new coach is very soft. They want $600 to replace with a "Premium" mattress. Any suggestions on where to get a good firm mattress at a reasonable price? Camping World has some sort of Euro mattress. Most reviews there were positive, but it doesn't say if it's firm or not. Thank's for any help.

Wow, That's a first. I have never heard anyone complain that an RV mattress is too soft. Rather just the opposite, usually hard as a rock. I am sure there might be someone here that would be willing to trade with you. Usually the topic of mattresses comes up because people are looking for a foam topper to try and make them a little softer.

Hi karenandcollins,

You are missing nothing. Be prepared to spend a lot of energy getting the current one out and the new (firmer one) into the coach. Originally they put these things in place before the walls go up.

Hi karenandcollins,

You are missing nothing. Be prepared to spend a lot of energy getting the current one out and the new (firmer one) into the coach. Originally they put these things in place before the walls go up.

I replaced my queen bed with a Simmons from the local discounter. Took all of 15 minutes to take the old one out and put the new one in. And I did it by myself... can't imagine anyone having much trouble doing the same

Guest BillAdams

I have moved several queen sized mattresses in and out of our coach over the last 10 years and it's a quick and easy operation. If you find what you want, bring it in and have a great nights sleep. Not all RVers have the luxury of a standard size mattress but for those who do the choices are easy.

Queen size mattresses are fairly easy to get in and out of a coach. It gets messy with king size mattresses. My coach came withe a pair of long twins (36x80) side by side to make an "rv king size" bed (72x80) These mattresses lasted about one year. We had a mattress company cut a king size memory foam mattress from the standard 76x80 down to 72x80. They delivered it to the coach, brought it inside, and removed and disposed of the old mattresses. The memory foam came rolled up and compressed and was easy to get in the door. Once the binding was released, it opened right up. It is very nice and firm! :rolleyes:

Our 07 Camelot came with a king-size Sleep-Number mattress - absolutely the very best I have ever slept on. At 6'5" and 260 lbs., keep my side at 75, plenty firm without being rock-like. Wife, at 5'7" and 120, keeps her side a little softer. Would like to replace our very expensive mattress at home with Sleep-Number. Can't recommend enough!

Glenn Martin