bbreeves2

Kenwood KTV M707

My monitor which also is the am/fm radio, xm radio and controller for my stack CD player has quit.  Trying to find a direct replacement so that I dont have to rewire.  Kenwood does not make this unit anymore.  Suggestions?

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here.

There are lots and lots of car stereo heads on the market right now so it's hard to make recommendations without a bit more information. It looks like the unit you had was a single DIN size. Do you have room for a double DIN or are you limited to single? Are you open to the idea of putting your CD collection in MP3 format? If so, you open up a world of newer stereos with lots of new features. With a micro-SD card you can put a huge collection of CDs in a tiny space and have them all available for playback.

Check out the Crutchfield.com site for options. They have about the best selection I've seen. They do carry one that has the same size and layout as yours, but not sure if it has all the features you need. Kenwood KVT-7012BT

It was one of the units where the screen popped out and hinged up. They make a few single DIN units with larger screens, the downside is that the screen hides whatever is above the stereo when it's in use.

I have successfully had several specialty radios including Kenwood repaired at Rickwood radio in B'ham, Alabama, they are certified dealer. Here is the number if you want to call, Phone: (205) 942-5595.