markletheridge

false low air pressure alarm

i have a 2008 Fleetwood Discovery.  about a year and 1/2 or so ago the low air pressure alarm started coming on but there was no low air pressure. the freightliner shop had it a number of times for weeks. finally replaced the light bar(instrument cluster) . spent over 7k replacing all types of things. now, a year later. it is happening again. alarm comes on but gauges are solid, air pressure checked and it is ok. it is in a different shop now. any ideas or guidance? if i could just disable the alarm i would but they say that is not possible.

Mark, Welcome to the FMCA Forum!

Kind of sounds like a failed VDU Module. Do you have a list of the parts that where replaced?

Do you have a way to forward a copy of the repair order?

Rich.

The VDU units are reparable - if the problem is the one that pops up the most?

VDU picture.jpg

I will see if I can find a list of what they replaced. likely in the coach at the repair shop. i appreciate the help from all. i have four 36 hour round trips soon and can't imagine listening to the alarm go off and on for about half of that. frustrating for sure.

I've got a 2007 Tiffin Phaeton 35DH and have the same intermittent (very frustrating) air compressor alarm problem.  I've read about the LBCU and was planning to call Freightliner today, give them my VIN and see what they tell me but based on what MARKLETHERIDGE said above that he replaced that and it didn't fix the problem I'm worried I'd be spending good money for nothing. That said, I've hear that others have replaced the LBCU and if fixed their problem...Any word on whether or not the VDU was in fact your problem on your 2008 Fleetwood Discovery? Thanks

bigburgy. Welcome!

Since we have not heard back from OP, we can only presume that he got it fixed.  You might want to call Tiffin in Red Bay & speak to a Tech!

4 hours ago, bigburgy said:

I've got a 2007 Tiffin Phaeton 35DH and have the same intermittent (very frustrating) air compressor alarm problem.  I've read about the LBCU and was planning to call Freightliner today, give them my VIN and see what they tell me but based on what MARKLETHERIDGE said above that he replaced that and it didn't fix the problem I'm worried I'd be spending good money for nothing. That said, I've hear that others have replaced the LBCU and if fixed their problem...Any word on whether or not the VDU was in fact your problem on your 2008 Fleetwood Discovery? Thanks

Do you have an air pressure alarm only when driving or is it sounding when park brakes are set also?

Have you contacted Freightliner and asked if your model year chassis use the VDU module?

It is difficult to offer good feedback with limited information on how your chassis is setup.

Rich.