DESERTRAT

New to us 1997 Monterey startup/airbag/jack procedure

• View Profile
    •  
    • Email
    •  
    • Personal Message (Online)
xx.gif

We just purchased a 1997 Monterey 36 ft. 3126 Cat engine 46k miles. I do not see any gauges on the dash etc for air bags. Second when its started up do they air up on their own or is there a switch for them? After airbags are inflated which i have no clue since no gauges do i than let down the jacks? After i park the rig i did see switches in the garage area to let air out of bags but i assume i set the jacks first than let the air out. I am surprised there is not much in the owners manual on this procedure. Appreciate the help.

thanks Rick

Rick, Welcome to the FMCA Forum !

Regarding your question(s) about leveling sequence.

One should dump the air ride before using the leveling jacks.

The air supply gauges on the dash also supply air to the air ride system.  The Leveling system uses a hydraulic pump to level the coach.  

Before you air up the system to travel - retract the leveling cylinders.

The leveling system information is offered - in an information file from SMC in many cases ! 

This PDF might be close to what your system looks like and operate like.

Hope this helps.

Rich.                                                                                           

smc_leveling_system_2001 to 2003-Beaver.pdf

Desertrat

The system you have JII RVA  is there a small switch panel in the coach with 4 switches, rocker type? One is power with 3 lights green, red, yellow all in a line on one end? There should then be three rocker switches Right, front, Left. If so it is the manual setup. Now before you level, put out your main slide. In different parking circumstances I use different techniques. If front is low after parking I dump the rear bags accordingly to lower back end. If front is high I dump all the air both ends and then bring the back end up. If coach sits pretty level then I just set jacks as needed. If the coach is pretty level to begin with it is not necessary to open slide first.