ktconners

AC condensation running down window

When running our AC we get the condensation dripping down both the passenger and driver side windows. I have tried washing the windows with vinegar but it is almost as if the windows are getting “etched” or something. Does anyone have any experience on how to clean this off? Thanks!

You may be able to get some gutter extensions to help with the problem. The stain problem is probbabley just mineral deposits or oxidized paint off the roof.

Bill

We live in the woods. Tree sap and other crud gets on house Windows as well as car windshields. Have used Bar Keepers Friend very successfully . It comes in a 21 ounce container. Also does a great job on Chrome. Got my Western Star shinning. Walmart and most grocery stores have it.

You sound somewhat condescending.😏Have been using it for many years. The stuff that you are describing will need only a light application force. Have always used a dishrag or the like. You can thank me later.😉

To clean stains on glass, I use 0000 steel wool and spray-way glass cleaner. I do a lot of resto-mods and this will make the glass look new. You can pickup the steel wool at any parts store or automotive paint supply.

000 or 0000 will polish the glass like a mirror. It is not always quick but with the Bar Keepers should make it like new and shiney. After that apply some Rainex and they will glisten with a real mirror finish. The Rainex will allow easier cleaning next time and what hits it will sail to the ground for weeks..

Before using rainex, clean the glass with 10% ammonia, 10% isopropyl alcohol, 80% distilled water, I like to use newspaper to dry the windshield, for a squeaky clean appearance.

14 hours ago, kaypsmith said:

Before using rainex, clean the glass with 10% ammonia, 10% isopropyl alcohol, 80% distilled water, I like to use newspaper to dry the windshield, for a squeaky clean appearance.

Newsprint contains soy-oil, which fills microscopic pits in glass and makes it appear new. It's not as good IMO as the newsprint used 40-50 + years ago though. Remember when reading a newspaper got your hands black? That was the best for cleaning windows.

On 9/24/2018 at 7:09 AM, kaypsmith said:

I use one ounce of vinegar to 16 ounces of water and newspapers (not the colored ad section), does a find job.  We had some really dirty windows on the stick house garage...the above mixture did a lot better job than the high priced "window cleaner" that smeared the everything.