erniee

Curves, anyone?

Good question. I would like to see the underside of a slide to see how everything fits and works. Dose anyone have any pictures of the underside of a slide and the mechanism.

Herman 

This Newell is a non-slide coach. The previous photos is of a 2 slide coach. The floor up front drops down and the slide comes in to meet the main floor. Its a marvel in engineering.

Erniee,

Does that mean you have three point where the floor has to match? 1 when the slide is in and the edges meet, and then the two edges of the floor when it rises when the slide goes out. 

As you said " a marvel in engineering". Lots of little things like that is why it must be taken back to Miami Oklahoma for most of the repair work to be done.

Herman

that is correct. if you look at this photo, where the light is on the floor, that is the slide out. I matched that edge to the part of the floor that drops down.

and that slide comes in and matches to the floor that is stationary

DSC09818.JPG

OK, I remember the first coach...there is one dark board, that makes it look like the light is on top of a box...Optical illusion!  Excellent fit & finish.

Our entry steps are hinged on the top, covered with ugly powder blue shag carpeting. Foretravel  used the shag carpeting to act as a seal on the sides of the lift-up steps, which are only lifted to check the two 8D batteries in the compartment under the steps.

I have racked my pea sized brain trying to figure out how to eliminate the shag carpeting and yet have a good seal and be able to lift the steps in order to access the batteries.

I had that same problem, on a 2007 WB Tour, never could change it.  Along with the batteries, it also housed the control box for the HWH system!  I did find another place for the batteries.

5 hours ago, nitehawk said:

Our entry steps are hinged on the top, covered with ugly powder blue shag carpeting. Foretravel  used the shag carpeting to act as a seal on the sides of the lift-up steps, which are only lifted to check the two 8D batteries in the compartment under the steps.

I have racked my pea sized brain trying to figure out how to eliminate the shag carpeting and yet have a good seal and be able to lift the steps in order to access the batteries.

come see me, I can fix it

I have attended 1 FMC rally. Crowds too large and I don't like to be squeezed in like sardines to have "fun"

Thank you for the kind words.

3 minutes ago, Erniee said:

drop down floor

I watched your video on Facebook. That slide mechanism is neat, but looks complicated!