jc21014

Ceilng Puck Lights-Halogen to LED Bulbs

Our current MH, 2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304, has (45) ceiling flush mount puck lights which have the 12v 10w G4 base halogen bulb in each one.  I would like to "gradually" replace these with the equivalent LED bulb.  Anyone with the same setup done this or could possibly furnish a part # for the LED bulb.  Halogens have always seemed to hot for my taste.   

Our 2008 had the bi-pin halogen. I purchased LED from Mini In The Box and they ARE based in China.  I first bought some "soft white" but we determined they were not bright enough. Next I bought some 5000k bright white and they were much better. You may have to snip the leads as some are very long. A pair of cutting pliers will do he trick.

Carl, that is the cost of buying locally. Mini in the Box is china and 1/10th the price.  Now I know some will say, "Don't buy china," but that is even where the local ones come from. From Mini-in-the-Box you can get a 20 pack for $20.00

Wayne, I know that...had it done in FL. Pre-delivery in Jan. 2013.  Since I had oral surgery, 3 weeks before, I was not in the mood to do it myself ! They are still working & bright.  Also, had amber rope led's put in ceiling!