Chiuchiolo321

Registration on vehicles

That depends on a couple of things.  Where are you going to live and how big a gamble are you willing to make to register and tag a vehicle in a state in which you do not live?  Some folks like to establish an LLC in Montana.  Several people in my state did that, and saved lots of money until the local police began to question why there were so many big RVs with Montana tags.  Long story short, the people that lived here but tagged their RVs in Montana paid all the back taxes they avoided but owed (sales, personal property, late fees), paid all the fees (licenses) they avoided, and paid big time fines.

If the question is where can you live with the cheapest RV fees, that's a different issue.

Welcome to the forum.

You'll have to define 'best', as each of us has our own definition. That said, I pay less than $120/year to register my coach in Wisconsin. Once the sales tax is paid, there is just the annual registration fee. There is no personal property tax in Wisconsin. In my opinion though, you've got to pay the piper somehow, so if you skate on paying high dollars for registration they'll get you on another item.

Of course, there are many legalities involved in registering a vehicle based on residence, business location, etc.

Maybe you can give us a little more information to work with, such as your goals in this.

Likely several factors, like state income tax???

But, if only thinking about annual registration, in Texas, for the last couple of years, cost is very dependent on WEIGHT of coach.

With more details, we can be of more assistance.

In Texas, by weight, I pay $773 a year...not happy, but it's where I live!  I have no wish to move to Oregon or Montana!  Both are great States to visit...but, my home's and heart is here.

Would like to know:  Where you live & what you drive?