nekiatap

Tire pressure

I have a Monaco Motorhome, 40 ft. 30,000 lbs. with dual rear tires 295/80R225.  I have tried to read the tire charts in order to find out what tire pressure should be.  I cannot figure it out.  I need to know the recommended tire pressure.  .  

Have you got a recent vehicle weight per axle? Or better yet, per corner? In order to properly set the minimum air pressure for a tire it's necessary to know how much weight that tire is carrying.

We set ours according to the tire charts based on weight. I've got no suggestions if you don't have the weight of your coach. Perhaps others will be able to suggest something to go with until you're able to get your coach weighed.

In the mean time, here's a website with lots of great information about tires and inflation. Maybe you'll be able to find something to help you better understand the charts that you mentioned in your original post.

http://www.rvtiresafety.net/

The standard practise is to set the tires to the preshure listed on the sidewall till you know what the actual, at least axle weights are.

Bill

The tire manufacturers have a manual that explains the TP for use based on the tire size, weights, single or dually.  Easy to use.  I take that weight and add 10%.  Bing the tire manufacturer and see if you can download that manual.

1 hour ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

The standard practise is to set the tires to the preshure listed on the sidewall till you know what the actual, at least axle weights are.

This is my recommendation also, although the ride may be harsh until you can get the coach weighed correctly and adjusted accordingly.

Your RV should have a "Certification Label"  aka Tire placard that shows GVWR, GAWR, tire size, Load Range and inflation.

As a minimum, you need to learn the weight on each axle. You can get this at any truck scale.  Later when you go to an FMCA Convention you can

get individual corner loads.