waynemcisaac

Windshield replacement, insurance has 1000.00 deductible

We have a Bounder 33c 

Windshield has a small crack in it that does not go right through, so was told it can’t be filled in. Hate to have to put a new one on but if I do any suggestions on the best  price  we are heading to central Florida for the winter

Thanks Wayne

If your motorhome is registered and insured in Florida, your comprehensive insurance will cover a windshield replacement with no deductible.  Call your insurance company for their recommendation. 

Since we are Florida residents (registered/insured there) our insurance covered our replacement last month 100%.  We were in northern Indiana and had it replaced at the factory but there are mobile companies that do it, especially in Florida.  Depending on where the crack is located and how long it is dictates if they can repair or not.

On 10/7/2018 at 6:16 AM, mikekohut said:

If your motorhome is registered and insured in Florida, your comprehensive insurance will cover a windshield replacement with no deductible.  Call your insurance company for their recommendation. 

No we are not covered we have 1000.00 deductible 

Wayne, sorry that you may not be covered. I did have $1,000.00 Collision and $500.00 Comprehensive deductible and dropped to to $500/$250 for an increase of only $25.00 a year. Well worth it to me.

Herman  

I recently had a rock hit my windshield and created a star crack. I went on line to my insurance company and answer a few questions about the break and they told me it could be repaired and they would waive my deductible. They sent out a repair truck to the campground and it was repaired on the spot, no cost to me.

I would strongly suggest you make the call or do it via internet, you have nothing to lose

As a follow up, one of the questions they asked me was "is the break smaller than a dollar bill ?" and mine was, so it could be repaired

In most cases the windshield is covered under comprehensive, not collision, and most companies cover comprehensive at 50% of collision deductible. That is a question for your insurance company. 

I have a cracked windshield and the crack starts at the bottom and continues over and up to the side. All happened on this last trip. If I were to stretch the crack out to a straight line I would estimate it would be 2 feet. All interior to the glass. No outside edges. I doubt it could be repaired.

Wayne.  If it's on the driver side, then by TX law, it must be fixed or replaced.  :o  I just had a dime size star fixed.  $50!  

2 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

I have a cracked windshield and the crack starts at the bottom and continues over and up to the side. All happened on this last trip. If I were to stretch the crack out to a straight line I would estimate it would be 2 feet. All interior to the glass. No outside edges. I doubt it could be repaired.

I have a similar crack got on our last trip.  It starts at the bottom, goes up about eight inches, then turns toward the pass seat for another three inches.  Novus sealed it for $60.  Tech said if it starts again to call him and he'd do it again.

On 10/11/2018 at 4:18 PM, FIVE said:

I have a similar crack got on our last trip.  It starts at the bottom, goes up about eight inches, then turns toward the pass seat for another three inches.  Novus sealed it for $60.  Tech said if it starts again to call him and he'd do it again.

Do you know if it the crack went through all layers. We have a small crack and it only went through 1 layer so we were told it could not be filled. 

On 10/10/2018 at 7:35 PM, manholt said:

How big and where is the crack? 

Small about a foot across the lower passenger corner. This is the second time in the same area in one year we replaced the first one 4000. So not anxious to put out again if it can be fulledfilled

On 10/10/2018 at 6:31 PM, hermanmullins said:

Wayne, sorry that you may not be covered. I did have $1,000.00 Collision and $500.00 Comprehensive deductible and dropped to to $500/$250 for an increase of only $25.00 a year. Well worth it to me.

Herman  

I wish it was that cheap in Canada