ronpatkni

Checking fluid levels in house batteries in 2011 Thor Tuscany

We purchased a 2011 Thor Tuscany in the spring.  Our house batteries are located on a pull-out tray.  It is very difficult to see the fluid levels in them.  Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to see the fluid levels and put distilled water in them.   The two rear batteries are almost impossible to get to.  Thanks for your help

I am rather jealous that you have a pull out tray.:D I use a mirror and flashlight to see the fluid level. Several people I know use a dedicated pump up lawn and garden hand sprayer (a one gal one works pretty good) with a modified wand to add water. The key is to not over preshure the water.

Bill

I was forced to install a battery watering system on our coach.  The 4 house batts were so hard to get to for service.  Can't over or under fill the cells.  Nice system.

We have a watering system on our house batteries. Trojan Hydrolink, and it works really well. For the generator and coach batteries it's still the old-fashioned method of checking. I've found that an LED headlamp does help a great deal to see in the batteries, and I use a clear (translucent) squeeze bottle with a long thin nozzle (like the ketchup dispensers used in restaurants) to actually put the water in the batteries. Makes it very easy to control the flow and to aim well.

I  use a NAPA watering can made special for battery's .

automatic stops filling when top off or filled.

Also off topic i use white grease to lubricate  the slides of the battery rack.

This will solved the problem of racks not sliding .

Tim the mailman

Winnebago class C 2014 Cambria 32.5 ft.

I would recommend you take a look at the ezbbatterycheckcom website to find  an economical battery watering system that can help solve battery watering problems. The caps are simple to install and give you an easy view of the actual water level in each cell.  The battery can be filled through the port without removing the cap.

I have used a mirror and flashlight to see the water level in each cell and use a turkey baster to fill each cell, it worked well. Now I bought the battery watering system which is much easier.

50 minutes ago, lloydscott9@aol.com said:

I would recommend you take a look at the ezbbatterycheckcom website to find  an economical battery watering system that can help solve battery watering problems. The caps are simple to install and give you an easy view of the actual water level in each cell.  The battery can be filled through the port without removing the cap.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the information.

Bill

Do a search for "battery water can" and you will see numerous ones for sale everywhere.  The better ones are black plastic and run between $15 and $20.  They shut off automatically when each cell is topped off.   I have used the same one for about 20 years starting with my boats and now my RVs.  I also have a pull out tray with not much room but can check and fill each cell on eight 6-volt batteries in less than 10 minutes using my water can.

1 hour ago, ISPJS said:

Do a search for "battery water can" and you will see numerous ones for sale everywhere.  The better ones are black plastic and run between $15 and $20.  They shut off automatically when each cell is topped off.   I have used the same one for about 20 years starting with my boats and now my RVs.  I also have a pull out tray with not much room but can check and fill each cell on eight 6-volt batteries in less than 10 minutes using my water can.

Yes they work great if you have room above the batteries. 

Bill