Sign in to follow this  
pepperparm

New Member- ac to dc electric wows

This new to us 05 HR Scepter, has been here all summer working fine for EMS,DC, AC, post or generator exercise. Last nite it was cold so we ran heat , as we had in the past. This morning no DC loads worked, no heat, hotwater, lights, nothing on Dc, no EMS,ect. NO breakers or fuses  have been tripped/blown. We have power to all outlets, ref is running(good!) Microwave, and can run a 120v space heater. To me it seems the 120v is not energizing the 12v distribution system? HELP, could it be the inverter/converter, transfer switch, seliniod, or what ?? All replays may help me. I'm a first time user of this forum. Thanx - Ken "Standing -By"

pepperparm.  Welcome to the Forum! :)

There is a "Salesman Switch" by the door.  Mine is toggle, some are touch pad....it has no name by it just separate from the other on/off's!  Have you tried, disconnecting from shore power and run Generator?  There is also a reset CB on your inverter/inverters!  House batteries, how old?  AGM or Acid, if acid then check water level.  Look at batteries for corrosion and check tightness, loose ground wire!  Run a amp meter on each battery...should be 12.6 or 6.3 if 6v.

12 hours ago, pepperparm said:

Last nite it was cold so we ran heat , as we had in the past.

Welcome to the forum. What type of heat? Propane, Electric, Heat Pumps? Have you tried cykling the battery switches? As Carl said check the charge in the house/aux batteries and work forward to the battery control box and see if you have power. With your  meter see if you have power when you hold the battery connect switch down. Let us know what you find.

Bill

There should also be a main inline fuse from the positive side of the house battery bank that may have blown. Generally the main fuse is within 16" of the battery itself.