mdewey821

looking at 2014 -2016 winnebago tour

I'm looking at upgrading my class A diesel pusher. Looking at Winnebago Tour vs Newmar Ventana or Mountain Air. Probably 2014-2016 models. Any advice or recommendations? I've found lots of info on the Newmar but not many reviews for the Winnebago Tour models. Looking at the plant tours online it almost looks like the Winnebago is more of an automated plant which leads me to believe there is more of an automobile type construction. Newmar is more hand made which could lead to "was it built on Monday or Friday" type questions. I need your help and advice. Thanks. 

Given a choice, I would go with the Newmar!  I have had a WB Tour, no after market service at all.  As for Automation vs Amish built by hand...I have never seen a drunk Amish!  :D

Each manufacturer has advantages and disadvantages. In purchasing a used unit, be ready to really look over the unit i.e stored inside or outside, water damage, sun fade, be ready to spend time on the roof looking for damage or just neglected basic maintenance. The roof status will usually confirm if the unit was stored inside or outside thru the seasons. Maintenance of chassis, status of battery connections & trays, tire wear, etc. In looking over the chassis look for excessive rust related to age, this could indicate driving in winter conditions with road melting products that can lead to excessive corrosion of auxiliary support items, hinges, latches, steps, drive motors etc. Our first two class A diesel pushers were purchased used and using brokers. Each of us have likes and dislikes and we will offer our recommendation based on our feelings, level of service and past experiences. You will need to decide on options that best meet your needs and desires, although I could offer recommendations, the final choice is yours and yours alone. I wish you the best on your choice and happy RVing in the future.