crosendaul

Dometic awning 910BT20.000B will not retract

I am getting voltage to switch. Three wire switch. Unit has a one step system , operates from control box and or dash. I get a clicking sound from either the control box, sounds like or near awning motor. The awing is just under two years old.   9100  Dealer that installed said it gave him issue once , It worked nine out of ten times. I had to run a little 12 volt alarm battery to retract. Motor works well. One-step  no longer available. Has a three wire switch. What is the center wire. I know the out side terminals are polarity + and - . Is the center a ground ?

img003.jpg

crosendaul.  Welcome to the Forum!:)

Neutral.  If it gave the dealer problems, why did you accept it?  What is the awning attached to...make, model, year?

Battery's are all new . All was working when I left the Jerry's RV. Oregon .One of the installers did mention issue and claimed to have fixed it.  Problem was intermittent .Now it is back and I am contacting Dometic on possible warrantee. Thanks Guys. 

img003.jpg

A bit off the topic. I purchased a replacement Anemometer from Girard. Their selling point was the Blades were replaceable. That really sold me on the unit. Th small nut that held the blade on came off and away went the blade. Guess what! they stopped making the unit and now you have to buy the entire unit, $149.95 plus S/H.  @$&&&&^%%$#$!!!

Herman

(Colaws doesn't have one, checked last Saturday)  

i replaced the motor in mine and with further investigation took it apart and  found a design flaw. it had a magnetic brake so i weakened the spring and have a spare. planed to brake, the second one