rcieslak67

Annual RV Insurance

I have Safeco RV Insurance through the FMCA site and  just received my renewal and unfortunately it went up almost $400.00. Did anyone else have a large increase?

I did not have any claims ever and no tickets.

Call Good Sam, they have folks who will find you the best rate.  I did that last June and GS got me a rate, with the same coverage I had, with the same company I had...for $500 less.  Go figure.

I just got my renewal notice from Safeco, 31% increase.  No claims, ever.  Good Sam shopped it around and they could not find anything cheaper.  I also did my own looking around with other insurance brokers, and so far it seems like Safeco is still the cheapest.  Go figure....

Herman, your right...same with State Farm on vehicles, Linda has her ranch with Farm Bureau & all vehicles with State Farm!  I have SF for coach & Jeep, but USAA for house.  Rates has a lot to do with where you live!  I would hate to pay Flood/Windstorm after this year! :wacko:

I would hate to pay Flood/Windstorm after this year! :wacko:)

True but I have a feeling all insurance will go up to cover their losses. 

It is ironic that when claims are low the rate don't go down but have a bad year like this past one the rates skyrocket.

Herman

Our homeowner's policy is through a company that only writes policies in the Midwest. They don't have nearly as many of these catastrophic events so their rates are more reasonable. Unfortunately, they don't write RV policies. It seems that most of the companies that do write RV policies are national companies, and as there are more (and larger) of these catastrophic events rates will only go in one direction - up.

Our GS (National General) policy only went up about $70 for the annual renewal recently and we are SW Florida residents.  Had one claim and that was a $3,700 windshield replacement.

On 10/18/2018 at 5:41 AM, hermanmullins said:

If you have Farm Bureau in your area give them a call. We get a very competitive rate from them on both the farm and the vehicles.  

Herman

Everything except our MH is insured through Indiana Farm Bureau Ins. Their rates for our MH were excessive( near $2,000/.yr), so I stayed with Winnebago Ins.( AMCO Insurance Co)through  Farm & City Insurance Services of Forest City IA. @$730/yr.