Sign in to follow this  
dickandlois

CAN Automotive Lighting

With the interdiction of the CAN computer controlled systems in vehicles LED's Have been been changed to work with this technology.

This is how one test's them.

CAN Bus LED bulbs are simple plug-and- play LED bulbs which are made specifically for CAN Bus-equipped vehicles. These bulbs work with your vehicle's advanced computer system, so when your vehicle's computer reads them, they respond back correctly. 
To see if your vehicle operates with a CAN Bus system, simply remove the bulb you're looking to replace, start your vehicle, and if you have a "Bulb Out" message on your dash you have a CAN Bus system.

Rich.   

Interesting thread.  I was just told last week that I can go to any auto parts store and buy LED bulbs to replace the taillight bulbs in my new Harley for about $7.00 each.  I wonder if this is the same system/technology?

Joe , I do not know if Harley is using the (CAN) Closed area network to monitor the bikes  electrical system and digital voltage controls for the LED's.

Check with them for the proper information.

No CAN bus, then standard LED's should work if the bike comes with them. Note! not all LED's are created equal. 

Rich.