rfsod48

RV storage

We are considering leaving our MH in Texas or Arizona when we return home next spring. Would appreciate thoughts of this who have done this. Is safety or damage (theft) a big concern? I assume that there are storage places like we have in Michigan, we currently pay $47 per month for outdoor fenced and gated storage.

I keep my coach at a place that is fenced, managers live on site, cameras, and gated.  It is in the Denton, Tx area.  

It runs me $79 a month with electricity for my 36' coach.

Do you use your coach often ? We would be using it for 3-4 months and it would sit te rest of the time. Do you use the electricity to maintain batteries or do you leave heat/air on?

thanks for the reply.

2 hours ago, rfsod48 said:

Do you use your coach often ? We would be using it for 3-4 months and it would sit te rest of the time. Do you use the electricity to maintain batteries or do you leave heat/air on?

thanks for the reply.

I do 9-10 Scottish festivals a year  so I usually make them a 5 day weekend

I do use the electricity to keep the batteries up and I set the heat about 45° after I have dumped the water out.

you can leave the air on but they will put a meter on and you will have to pay extra for that.

this place is not on a major highway and it sets back off the road a ways so most dont even know its there.

Roland, gives us an idea where you prefer to fly home from and we can be a little more help probably. As you know, there are several Texans on here and some are even know it alls. :ph34r:

Roland.

Are you talking about leaving coach for, late Spring, Summer & early Fall?  If so, IMHO, I would not do it in Texas, unless it was Ft. Stockton and West or Midland and West.  Anywhere else, you have, high humidity, BIG storms and HOT....in the West, you have the heat, but a lot drier air!  I presume you'll be taking your Toad home?

Yes, we would drive toad home. We are going to Texas this year and want to decide then if we like Texas or Arizona better. Being able to drive 75-80 mph in toad shortens trip considerably which is easier on my wife. We don’t use MH much other than winter. Other idea we have is to sell MH and just rent or buy park model. Not really the way I had envisioned retirement but plans don’t always work the way we want.

Thanks for the imput.

On 10/24/2018 at 7:08 AM, super8mm said:

I do 9-10 Scottish festivals a year  so I usually make them a 5 day weekend

I do use the electricity to keep the batteries up and I set the heat about 45° after I have dumped the water out.

you can leave the air on but they will put a meter on and you will have to pay extra for that.

this place is not on a major highway and it sets back off the road a ways so most dont even know its there.

es, we would drive toad home. We are going to Texas this year and want to decide then if we like Texas or Arizona better. This company helped us a lot - good storage companies near me.     Being able to drive 75-80 mph in toad shortens trip considerably which is easier on my wife. We don’t use MH much other than winter. Other idea we have is to sell MH and just rent or buy park model. Not really the way I had envisioned retirement but plans don’t always work the way we want.

Thanks for the imput.

Yes, you won't understand anything until you go on a trip)