jmcarrolloh

Transport of RV

We have 26' type C motorhome located in Florida that we need to have transported to Nevada.  Due to scheduling and health issues we need to find a company that can transport the unit for us.  I have found many companies that will transport automobiles, however not motorhomes.  A google search returns numerous companies which turn out to be brokers and just respond to any inquiry regardless of what you submit.  Then during a phone call you find out they don't really transport RVs.  Has anyone used a company, what was your experience, and would you recommend them?

Have you thought about having it driven instead of transported? Or, maybe that's what you're talking about.

You can search the FMCA directory for members listed as Pinch Hit drivers. Usually this is for emergency situations from what I read. However, there are lots of members in Florida listed as a pinch hit driver.

Maybe you can just post a notice on this forum that you are looking for someone to drive your rig to Nevada, and then work out something that's mutually beneficial for you both. I bet there is someone that would enjoy the trip.

Flat bed use would be commercial. $$$  Especially because it would have to be on a low trailer. Overpasses are an issue. Companies that specialize moving new units to buyers might be a help, but Nevada  as a back haul/ probably not. Maybe store the unit and come back for it when things get better for you? 

The FMCA pinch hitter suggestion is the best option IMO,, it seems most only ask for the return home money. Another option is to visit a local RV dealership and ask if they have a licensed, bonded driver you may hire.

It might help to tell us more about your coach.

Some may be willing to drive a late model but not take a chance on a cross country trip in  a 25 year old coach with 9 year old tires.

I've seen in the classifieds in FamilyRVing magazine people who perform the service your looking for, Oct 2018 issue.  One was www.luxurycoachtransport.com .  In the Feb 2017 issue under Wanted section, a retired fireman dose it also, phone # 530-321-1241.  Hope this helps. 

Also, check in the classifieds in the new issue of the FMCA magazine. A professional driver has an ad there for transporting RV''s.