mikecollie

FS19738 fuel bowl

Hi Guys its been a while sense i have posted  but i do read comments just about daily.I have a new problem i hope you can help with.It is time for oil and filter change and i need a fuel bowl to go with my filter FS19738 by Fleetguard.I cannot find one on the internet for this filter.I have tried my local Cummins dealer with no luck so far.I have a 2000 Monaco Diplomat on a Roadmaster chassie  with 315 hp 8.3 liter eng.serial  number 45877542.Any help would be  great.Thanks

Mike, The Part number you listed is for the fuel system and is a fuel / water separator  filter. Are you looking for a sight bowl that fits on the bottom of the filter / that has a drain valve to drain off  valve for the water collected?

Can you take a picture of the bowl and post it for the group?

Rich.

Mike does your filter have a part that looks like this?

https://shop.moderngroup.com/3927023s-service-part-kit-fuel/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIiae62cyl3gIV0rfACh0nkgHxEAQYAiABEgJWjfD_BwE

15 minutes ago, mikecollie said:

yes but i do not know if it will fit my filter.

The Filter number is most likely different - because it needs to be threaded on the top and bottom.

By chance do you know the filter number currently mounted on the  engine  ?

I will continue to look for more info.

Rich.

Mike, 

This is what I have found. This filter is listed for Cummings engine. Will it cross to the FS-19738.? The OD and ID threads need to be the same. The link below offers more info then I attached.

https://www.simplyfilter.com/fs1242b-fleetguard-fuel-water-separator-p/1ufs1242b.htm

You have the 8.3 Cummings - So it is setup just a little different then my system. I get the sight bowls from Freightliner for mine.  Not all the filters that cross index's come up with a matching filter design.

Rich.
clear1x1.gif

Fleetguard fuel water separator, part number FS1242B qty 1.
btn_largerphoto.gif btn_emailafriend.gif 

clear1x1.gif  
clear1x1.gif
Fleetguard Fuel Water Separator FS1242B
List Price: $57.18
Product Code: 1UFS1242B

Our Price: $47.65 (You Save 16.67 % )

Cross reference: FG
Primary application: 

BALDWIN BF1321
BIG A 95431
BOMAG 31701061
CARQUEST 86431
CUMMINS 3355904
CHAMP LFF90011
FREIGHTLINER ABP32FRT01
HAMM 1236377
LIEBHERR 7381820
LUBERFINER LFF90013
RACOR B32001
RACOR S3201

Thanks for the info i will call them next week and see if they can match one to my filter size.  Cummins has one that looks alot like that one but it will not fit.Maybe i need to call Roadmaster sense they built the chassis.I will post when i get it figured out. Thanks again.

The filter head (the part fastened to the chassis frame) should have a part number stamped in it.  Once you find this number you should find out what other filters will fit.

Jim