danddferr

installing Air bags

I have a 2008 FRED. ( Front end Diesel ) We both love our rig but wish for a smoother ride at times. I am thinking of installing air bags. Has anyone done this and were you happy with the results?

Dan

Can't answer your specific question, however.....

When we towed a heavy fiver with our F350 I had Firestone bags put on the rear.  With the inside compressor I could adjust my ride on the fly and it was great.

Our last coach before this one had the F53 suspension.  It was like driving a tall overloaded bread truck.  Considered bags all around but went with Sumos instead.  It stiffened up the coach and took most of the sway out allowing us to drive down the highway in 10-15mph winds.  Overall it still rode rather rough.

3 hours ago, manholt said:

Is that suppose to be a open road 32BA on a Freightliner chassis?

Yes that is my rig. I has served us well for the past 10 years. Just trying to see if air bags will give us a better ride and is it worth the money.

Dan

Dan, This sight might be of interest. They do supply a leveling system for RV's.  They make  a system for the rear of the coaches, not sure if they have one that would work on your chassis. This link will offer information on the system.

https://liquidspring.com/rv-suspensions/

There are members that have them and like the ride.  

Have you done any work on the front stabilizer system ?

Rich.