dbenoit

And so it begins.....Hybernation

Ahhhhh. That time of year in New England. Plumbing all blew down, anti freeze going in tonight.

Cover after that, then it's time for another cabin fever thread.

David

1 hour ago, wayne77590 said:

David,
Consider the alternative that many New England-ers do, go South.
I absolutely do not envy you living up there.

I think the clock is slowwww.

4 more years , lol, does that sound familiar? 

I winterized our MH Saturday, it's been so long since I winterized  I forgot how. Took me 4 hours and a checklist to insure I got it right, but due to DW's condition we must stay home this winter. :(

RAYIN.  That's got to be a let down, for both of you?  Wish her speedy recovery! 

DBenoit.  4 more winters?  Ouch!  Do you go Ice Fishing?

Sorry to hear that your DW isn't doing well. Hopefully next year will be better.

I used to mark the start and end of the winter season by when the rubber mats replaced the carpet mats in my car. Now I mark it by when the water is replaced by pink antifreeze. Seems like it happened much earlier this year than last.

4 hours ago, manholt said:

RAYIN.  That's got to be a let down, for both of you?  Wish her speedy recovery! 

DBenoit.  4 more winters?  Ouch!  Do you go Ice Fishing?

Get well RAYIN's DW.

Don't do ice fishing. Fell through when I was a kid (6), cousin grabbed me, yanked me out then stripped me because she read it

in her girl scout book. So there I am balky bare on some pond shivering until someone got there with a blanket. The only ice I will do is "on the rocks"

Does your cousin remind you of being bare naked in front of her on special occasions? 😀

Are you any relation to the Benoit's in the Brookfields in Mass.?

3 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

Does your cousin remind you of being bare naked in front of her on special occasions? 😀

Are you any relation to the Benoit's in the Brookfields in Mass.?

Oh Ya, she reminds us all the time. I'll have to look into Brookfields. We are all over the place. Family was like rabbits.

Thank you everyone. My wife is probably as recovered as she'll ever get after two and 1/2 years since the auto wreck.  A traumatic brain  injury at 70 is difficult to overcome, plus the physical injuries, resulting surgeries, rehab, etc,; she has/is trying very hard to regain what she lost. My job(76) is support staff and caregiver when needed at this stage of life.

I've taken her South the past 2 winters, even though she really didn't feel like or wanted to go. My thinking was the time away from home, change of scenery, being with old friends, etc. would be good therapy for her. This fall/winter is different; I feel we should stay home in consideration of what she wants in lieu of what I felt was best. Just traveling in the MH 200 miles a day, wears her out just being a passenger. I took 5 days to travel from Indianapolis to Ft. Myers Beach last year, when we arrived she was crying and wanting to go home.

I'm at the stage where I feel making a decision to sell the MH is on the horizon, sad, but reality. Sorry for blurting out like this.

Thanks Herman, I apologize to David for stealing his thread. Now back to regular programming.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed I didn't miss anything when I winterized. The filtered water line from under the sink to the ice maker solenoid concerns me some, there is no way to drain it since it is ran under the floor from filter to solenoid.

No apologies needed RAYIN. Enjoy and embrace life with your loved one.

I found my favorite flashlight in the compartment under the HW heater

went I did the bypass. Been there since spring. Sorry DW for blaming you on taking it.....

Rayin, no worries! So sorry to hear about your wife. I sincerely hope 2019 brings better health for her.

Winter felt like it was bearing down on us early this year in PA. I winterized ours three weeks ago when the nights were drifting into the 30’s. Today we hit 70 degrees! Wont last! 

This was also the first year since we started RVing that we didn’t Halloween camp. I always love seeing the kids dressed up and handing out candy. We don’t get much Halloween traffic at the house.

Back on subject. David, I am having a hard time thinking about winterising. Yes we had a big cold front come through, you should get it tomorrow, but it only dropped the temps to low 60s.

Bill

Yea, 49 this morning & 67, tonight is 41 & 72...Lets hope we don't have a repeat of last year!  I still did not, nor have I ever winterized in TX.  First coach 1967!  I don't intend to start learning that now! :)  

All I got left to do is the cover, but it's been raining like forever.

Those Texans...always mentioning the temp. there throughout our winter season.

Still need to cover boat and put plow and chains on tractor.

Geez, we still got green leafs on the trees in my area.Should already be bare.

Also the deer are like crazy running around, they do it all the time just before hunting season, then poof.

55 minutes ago, hermanmullins said:

It's lovely to look at,

And nice to hold.

But it's time to pack the coach,

AND GET OUT OF THE COLD.

Herman, you are soooooo right!  Due to family obligations we're here until New Years and then heading to Florida later in January.

Better late than never..