dbenoit

And so it begins.....Hybernation

I want out here, snow on the ground and I am on top of a tall ridge in Colorado...can not go til Jan. 

Rayin, Keep the faith, God bless you both.  B

I spent the first 18 years of my life in Central Mass. It was an accident of birth. Left when I was 18 and only go back to visit and always in the summer time. Shovel all that snow back up to Eskimo land.

With that said, it is 09:23 and 57˚ outside. Expected 79˚ today. Monday it will hit 80˚ then in the 70's the rest of the week. Lows will be in the 60's. Good night time sleeping.

Sorry DB, couldn't resist.

Oh, did I mention? I'm in Texas City, TX, down by Galveston, 40 miles South of Houston.

On 11/2/2018 at 10:15 AM, wayne77590 said:

I spent the first 18 years of my life in Central Mass. It was an accident of birth. Left when I was 18 and only go back to visit and always in the summer time. Shovel all that snow back up to Eskimo land.

With that said, it is 09:23 and 57˚ outside. Expected 79˚ today. Monday it will hit 80˚ then in the 70's the rest of the week. Lows will be in the 60's. Good night time sleeping.

Sorry DB, couldn't resist.

Oh, did I mention? I'm in Texas City, TX, down by Galveston, 40 miles South of Houston.

Mention the Texas temp say in 2 months...lol

I agree it isn't nice to talk about the temp to people putting their coach away for the winter especially when I am loading for a trip to a rally on Thursday.:P 

Bill

That's okay. You guys in Texas get to enjoy for a few months now. Come summer time when you guys are stressing over having enough BTUs to stay cool we'll be sleeping comfortably with the windows open and the breeze blowing.

When things work out, we each get to choose our struggles and our triumphs. I spent a few decades in Texas and other southern states - long enough to decide that the heat wasn't a struggle I wanted to deal with any more.

Richard, interesting thought to a point.  My first cousin, who lives by the Baltic Sea, in Southern Sweden, has been after me to buy a house there.  We are thinking about it, but only for May thru September....the winter is brutal.  :wacko: We are first going to rent a place...see what happens! :rolleyes:

I do agree with you in regards to Texas, May-October! 

20 hours ago, DBenoit said:

Mention the Texas temp say in 2 months...lol

Thing is that on any Christmas day ( or any day ) we never know if we will be running the heater to take the chill out or the AC to cool down. Majority of the time it is the AC.

16 hours ago, richard5933 said:

That's okay. You guys in Texas get to enjoy for a few months now. Come summer time when you guys are stressing over having enough BTUs to stay cool we'll be sleeping comfortably with the windows open and the breeze blowing.

When things work out, we each get to choose our struggles and our triumphs. I spent a few decades in Texas and other southern states - long enough to decide that the heat wasn't a struggle I wanted to deal with any more.

Richard, I live on the Gulf Coast and this past summer I was comfortable at 80˚ or less. No, I was not slitting in the house under the AC. However, I was not in Texas. That is what the wheels on the bus are for. Every year we become "Summer Birds." We move North. Only 4 months on the road this year, June to October.

18 hours ago, richard5933 said:

But it is a dry heat........I spent 2 yrs at Ft Hood. I never B & C'd about the heat, just the crawly things.

Not to rub salt into the wounds of our "northern" bretheren, but tailgating in Baton Rouge this past weekend was fantastic!  Highs in the upper 60's  with lows in the upper 40's.  Briefly ran the furnace Saturday morning to assure the wife was warm enough.  Lot's of very tasty mimosas, bloody Mary's, bourbon, beer, breakfast burritos, boudin, jambalaya, fried catfish and other "health food" was shared among the 135 RV owners (~2/3 motorhomes, ~1/3 fifth wheels and a few travel trailers) in my on-campus RV lot.   Also had wonderful crackling fire pits at night (one guy I thought was quite creative using a large, light weight galvanized tub with holes drilled in the sides for his fire pit instead of the heavy cast iron portable pits).   "Winter" in the South is fantastic!

The LSU / Alabama game wasn't so great for us Tiger fans....

And here we go:

• Winter Storm Avery will impact the South, Midwest and Northeast late this week.
  • Rain, snow or a wintry mix of sleet and freezing rain are all possible precipitation types.
  • This could lead to messy commutes and flight delays Thursday and Friday.
  • Blistery temps in Texas around 65 deg. (I just has to add that in)

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 11:52 AM, fagnaml said:

That was a fantastic game for me. LOL:wub:

1 hour ago, DBenoit said:

Sissy storm in NH. Raining now.

News reported a coating to 1" down here and it was going to warm up, change to rain and wash it all away, everyone believed them. We got hammered with 6+ snow and ice, untreated roads and no plows to remove it. Apparently if they don't pre-plan and the storm intensifies no one cares, they let it melt off and forget about it. People were stranded on highways for the night in their cars, what a mess!

I went on top of the MH to straighten out the cover and I broke the rear master bath vent lid. Geez, I didn't even step on it. My boot touched the side

and I heard it crack. I already ordered a couple of them. I'm glad that the price is as cheap as the material it is made of. At least it broke on the side and it shouldn't leak.

Maybe the "cold" made it extra brittle. Now I have to go out there, at whatever the weather is to replace it. This is our 2nd breakage. Both were small change

1 hour ago, DBenoit said:

I went on top of the MH to straighten out the cover and I broke the rear master bath vent lid. Geez, I didn't even step on it. My boot touched the side

and I heard it crack. I already ordered a couple of them. I'm glad that the price is as cheap as the material it is made of. At least it broke on the side and it shouldn't leak.

Maybe the "cold" made it extra brittle. Now I have to go out there, at whatever the weather is to replace it. This is our 2nd breakage. Both were small change

Do you have these on yours now?

https://www.airxcel.com/maxxair/products/covers

re: fan cover lids. If you have Fantastic Fans 800-521-0298, the cover lid has a lifetime warranty. I had one that cracked, phoned them to buy a replacement, the woman who  answered told me about the warranty, took my shipping info, model and serial #, and said she would have one shipped to me. Fed Ex cost was $16 and I received it 2 days later. Gotta call again, another lid has now cracked.

We are around 30 night and 50 day.  Thursday the high is 66, rain and wind...same on Friday, then back to same as today...This is Global warming?

My vents are Hengs. I got the direct replacement. I'll have to look into those airxcel. Actually have to look at mounting them.

It's 20 here now. That's global warming>. But the sun is out. Thanks for the TX update Mr. Holt (I forgot your 1st name).

16 minutes ago, DBenoit said:

My vents are Hengs. I got the direct replacement. I'll have to look into those airxcel. Actually have to look at mounting them.

It's 20 here now. That's global warming>. But the sun is out. Thanks for the TX update Mr. Holt (I forgot your 1st name).

Found it. Thanks Carl.

On 11/6/2018 at 12:52 PM, fagnaml said:

Not to rub salt into the wounds of our "northern" bretheren, but tailgating in Baton Rouge this past weekend was fantastic!  Highs in the upper 60's  with lows in the upper 40's.  Briefly ran the furnace Saturday morning to assure the wife was warm enough.  Lot's of very tasty mimosas, bloody Mary's, bourbon, beer, breakfast burritos, boudin, jambalaya, fried catfish and other "health food" was shared among the 135 RV owners (~2/3 motorhomes, ~1/3 fifth wheels and a few travel trailers) in my on-campus RV lot.   Also had wonderful crackling fire pits at night (one guy I thought was quite creative using a large, light weight galvanized tub with holes drilled in the sides for his fire pit instead of the heavy cast iron portable pits).   "Winter" in the South is fantastic!

I've seen several people using these, most are tubs from top-loading washing machines; many are made from SST, the enameled ones do not work well for fire pits.

RayIN, think stock water tank...cows, horses drink from them.  I use one for boiling a whole pig, no holes drilled. :D