MRD

2006 Winnebago with Ford V10: Not throttle response

We own a 2006 Winnebago with a Ford V10. On a recent trip my battery died and I replaced it. When I fired up the engine, I got a CHECK ENGINE light, and I had no throttle response. We were towed to a Ford Dealership and the throttle body was replaced to the tune of over $600.00.

Recently we were two weeks into a month of volunteering, I started the engine to charge the battery and the same thing happened. Can someone tell me what the problem may be and how to remedy it? Thanks in advance for advice.

Your Friend, John D.

jtb0223@outlook.com

John D, welcome to the forum. 

Just a guess but check the TPS switch. It is the master throttle control. When the accelerator cable is working, it moves the butterfly shaft in the Air Horn. On the opposite side of the Airhorn is the TPS switch. The butterfly shaft moves the internals of the TPS and the change in electric values makes the gas increase and the spark advance and many other controls work. The TPS switch is easy to change and not very expensive. Make sure you get the one for the V-10 as the electric values may be different for the V-8

Bill

Your throttle body is "fly by wire". No throttle cable from the foot feed. It's possible the rheostat connected to the foot feed is failing or the connection is bad.

Richard

Wildbill and rls7201  gave the same reply. If you haven't already, test your TPS with an ohmmeter. Disconnect the wires and connect your ohmmeter. The actual readings are not of vital importance, what is important is smooth, gradual increase  and decrease in the readings when you move the pedal from 0 to maximum and back. If you see erratic or jerky readings - replace the TPS.