Sign in to follow this  
michael7debra

Thanksgiving in Westfield NJ - Where to park the RV?

We are newbies taking our first 5 day trip with tow car at Thanksgiving.  This is a family visit to work out bugs prior to going full time in March 19 in our 37' Thor Palazzo. 

We can't find a place to stay.  We just need an electrical hook up since we will be spending time at relatives.  ANY suggestions of a place or how to find a place are welcome. 

Thanks 

DEBRA

Debra, welcome to the forum. Unfortunately it might be hard to find a place this late in the year. Can you park in your driveway? That is a good way to get some experience and keep a list of what you forgot to pack. 

Some of the members that live in that area may be by with more information.

Bill

Debra,
Westfield per say does not have any rv parks according to rv park reviews.  Here is a listing of what is nearby it can help:

Nearby CGs

They may not be as close as you would like. Most likely you will need heat instead of AC so 110v should sustain the propane furnace. You just need to keep the batteries charged by plugging in. Another important factor is how level the driveway is.  For propane refrigerators typically 3˚ side to side looking at the refrigerator and 6˚ front to back. If it is a commercial refer it is not a problem but you still want to be as level as you can to be comfortable.

Debra

Having lived one town over from Westfield I can tell you there is nothing in that immediate area,. Other problem is most places are closed for the season now. Check out www.jugtownmountain.com they are open all year and about 45 min. northwest of Westfield. I stayed there in the early 80’s it was decent back then but now I have no idea of how it is.  Best possible thing for you is as mentioned park at relatives house if at all possible. I would also give a call to the township and ask if it’s ok to do so Westfield has some pretty strict zoning rules. Good luck on your trip.

Phil