Indycrazed

Air tank purge on Dutch Star

I want to do an air tank purge to get the condensed water out of the tanks on my 2009 Dutch Star. I can see the three release cables behind the right front wheel. Do I just pull one at a time? Jacks down? Coach level?   Any other considerations?

Indycrazed

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Actually, your coach is equipped with an AIR DRYER.  So, the tank drains, particularly the wet tank drain is basically a REPORT CARD on the condition of the air dryer.  All you should ever get is clean dry air.  Water, oil or worse white powder (an indication that the air dryer desiccant has disintegrated and contaminated the air system) all indicate a failed air dryer.

Either your Newmar owners manual and/or chassis owners manual should give specifics on which is the wet tank.  If wet tank dry, the other two will be as well.  Only exception would be if you have air leveling with an auxiliary air compressor that does not have a dryer on it (which could put moisture into the air system).

My manual says to purge the system every six months by pulling each lanyard for 10 seconds....two lanyards on the driver's side, one on the pax side.