makaira

Tire Insurance

Greetings, we are looking for recommendations about tire protection insurance. We just received a flyer from GS about tire protection.  Are there any other companies that have a similar plan? Full coverage of tires? Thank you in advance.             Makaira

The devil will be in the detail.  What is specifically covered/not covered at what price?

Tire failures are uncommon if not aged out or abused.

In general, insurance is for expenses that one is not prepared/able to handle.  Insurance companies look at loss ratios and then ADD THEIR PROFIT when determining premiums.

Agree with Brett, no insurance will protect against aging out. Or even excessive tread wear, which is not a problem anyway on any motorhome that I am aware of. Road hazard insurance that most tire companies offer at a very cheap price at the time of installation of a new tire is in many cases a pretty good investment. The cost of changing the tire is normally covered with an emergency road side assistance plan.

you guy’s missed my point. Looks like GS and CN have a an insurance policy that has a full coverage that covers tire replacement if needed, mounting etc. my especific question was if soneone had any recomendation in dealing or working with any of those companies or any other one.Non a lecture about tire usage, excesive wear and tear and so on. Thank you . Please check or Google CN Tire protection

Sorry that we misunderstood your question.

So, to make sure there is no confusion, are you asking about:

1. Roadside Assistance coverage to mount a tire (your provide the tire or pay for them to pick up one for you)?

2. Insurance to cover road hazard to a tire (new tire paid for by insurance)?

It also looks like there are limitations to the payout amounts, perhaps less than the amount that would be needed to get one tire changed/repaired. Certainly less than if there are two with a problem.

Anyone able to find the details of the policy? I couldn't find anything on this side of the payment page.

You realise to get the low price you have to buy 5 years of coverage or $349.95 up front for the RV coverage. Knowing who owns GS and seeing how well they hid the disclaimers I won't be buying any. 

In the last 8 years I have had -0- expense for tire repair. 

Bill