Sign in to follow this  
jreeves27

Dealer applied "5 year" Wax.

3 hours ago, jreeves27 said:

Is the dealer applied "5 Year" wax worth doing?

Welcome to the forum. Like Brett said. ADP.:D I am surprised they didn't want to sell you the Scotchguard for the furniture and carpet. I bet anything they can do you can do it better and cheaper. Just curious how much is this amazing wax?

Bill 

It is a lot less using the dry washes by Mothers and may others for the same shine. As Brett says "DEALER PROFIT" I have been in the auto body business since 72 and that is what it will be PROFIT. You will still have to wash it.

No such thing as no wash, unless you really like dirt...so, the first time you put soap on the wax, you get to re-wax! :D

Today's clearcoat lasts much better than it did a few decades ago. I just keep our MH washed and touch-up paint dings and scratches as necessary, however our MH is always garaged when we are home.

The one thing that the 5 year wax will cover is loading up the dealers wallet.  Read the warranty.  You are probably required to have the dealer apply a yearly reseal to keep the warranty in effect.

Keep you money in your pocket and use one of the Dry wash wipe on wipe off waxes every year of 6 months.

Ken

I am shure it was as sincere as heart felt as the presentation for the extended warranty.

When I bought my CR-V when they got to the Paint protection, upholstery protection and extended warranty. I told them NO you did such a great job selling me on how reliable and dependable Hond's are I can't imagine needing the add on protection.:P:P

Bill