valvis

Replacing RV Batteries

The pair of original factory installed US Battery US2000C 6 volt batteries in our 2007 Triple E TOPAZ 5th wheel finally need replacing.  That's right, 11 years of reliable service from one set of 2, 6-volt batteries.  I am considering US Battery, Interstate, Trojan, or Duracell products as the replacement and I am looking for advice.  Considering specifications being relatively equal among the brands, what experience have people had with one brand versus another?  I am very diligent with battery maintenance and look forward to your feedback.  Thanks in advance.

My preference, and it is only a preference, Trojan at the top of the list, and Duracell at the bottom. But if you got 11 years out of the US Battery, I would opt for that one, kindly tells its own story.

We're using Trojan. Used them in our last coach as well. So far so good. They also have a great watering system that fits their batteries and works well. They have a number of options available in each battery size, and it may even be possible to get a larger capacity battery in the same physical footprint.

valvis, Welcome to the Forum.

If I got 11 years from a set of batteries I would go with the same brand again. Sounds like they are a good make.

As the ole saying goes, "Dance with the one that brought you". In this case US Battery.

Herman

The best battery on the market today is CROWN with Trojan a hot second. They have several to choose from space dependent. I am using the CROWn 260, a 260 amp hour unit and expect ten years. That said the second coach I have, a 2001 Safari Zanzibar has the original chassis batteries still in it and hold up just fine under a comprehensive load test. That said they are Interstates "Workhorse" and are no longer made...wonder why....