tmoning

RV Weight & Tire Safety Webcast

RV Weight & Tire Safety, one of FMCA's most popular technical seminars, will be webcast live from FMCA's Albuquerque convention on Tuesday, March 23. Times and link follow:

• 8 to 10 a.m. Mountain time
  • 10 to noon Eastern time
  • 9 to 11 a.m. Central time
  • 7 to 9 a.m. Pacific time

To watch the webcast, click this link: RV Weight & Tire Safety seminar webcast.

The seminar, co-sponsored by the Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation and FMCA, focuses on weight-related definitions, weight disclosure labels, towing components, stopping assistance, tire markings, tire load/inflation tables, new RV considerations, tire pressure monitoring systems and more.

That's important stuff, so tell your friends and be sure to tune in.

Hey I tuned in late to the broadcast. Did the presenter address the benefits/risks of inflating tires with nitrogen? All my vehicles, including daily drivers, exotic and our 43' class A have been inflated with nitrogen vs. air. The product is inexpensive, causes tires to run cooler and I've noticed a slight mileage improvement (2/10's) in the motor home.

I could not get in for the first 45 minutes. I kept on trying and finally connected. Must have been a bunch of people trying to get on and overloaded the site. This was a good idea and I enjoyed the last half of the program. I think it needs to be tried again sometime.

Hey I tuned in late to the broadcast. Did the presenter address the benefits/risks of inflating tires with nitrogen? All my vehicles, including daily drivers, exotic and our 43' class A have been inflated with nitrogen vs. air. The product is inexpensive, causes tires to run cooler and I've noticed a slight mileage improvement (2/10's) in the motor home.

For more information on Nitrogen in tires, see this thread: http://community.fmca.com/index.php?showto...rogen&st=20

Brett

For those of us who missed the broadcast or had problems receiving it are there plans to post it on YouTube or on FMCA.com?

Could not get the webcast to play. Had same report from other members. This was for the Eastern time frame.

Our Web team in Albuquerque experienced some technical difficulties, so the webcast was delayed for approximately 45 minutes. Then, an e-mail was sent out redirecting members to specific URLs where they could view the remaining portion of the Webcast.

We apologize for the inconvenience this caused.

We have heard favorable comments from folks who watched the webcast once it was up and running.

Due to the length of the RV Weight & Tire seminar, it's doubtful that the complete footage will be "archived" online. Weight and tire information, however, is available in the Motorhoming section on FMCA.com, www.fmca.com/index.php/motorhome/basics, and there is good information available on the Web site of the company that presented yesterday's seminar -- the Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation -- www.rvsafety.com.

Again, our apologies for the inconvenience.

:rolleyes: Really appreciate the references ... however, too bad these types of presentations can't be recorded and sold/rented at a reasonable cost to members who are unable to view these seminars live. I sure wouldn't mind paying $5-$? for a DVD of such items. Could there be a possibility of such an addition to FMCA programs in the future? I know there are many production companies that would take or record a master copy and willing to provide copies at a reasonable cost -- usually around $6 a copy. Or perhaps FMCA might set up a library to rent/sell DVD's of seminars in the future?

Just wondering ...

Jim Teet

New Member #413237

:rolleyes: Really appreciate the references ... however, too bad these types of presentations can't be recorded and sold/rented at a reasonable cost to members who are unable to view these seminars live. I sure wouldn't mind paying $5-$? for a DVD of such items. Could there be a possibility of such an addition to FMCA programs in the future? I know there are many production companies that would take or record a master copy and willing to provide copies at a reasonable cost -- usually around $6 a copy. Or perhaps FMCA might set up a library to rent/sell DVD's of seminars in the future?

Those are good suggestions.

Despite the delayed start of this first seminar webcast, response has been generally positive. So, we may explore some of your ideas in the future. Accessibility/availability of the webcasts will be publicized.

Thank you, everyone, for your comments.

Anyone who has additional suggestions for webcasts/DVDs/multimedia, please post.

I work in IT and in fact have several domains from a large well connected web hosting company. Hosting archived webcasts isn't that difficult if you want to have library of MP4 video files. The real trick is to do what YouTube does in that they automatically detect the client connection speed and adjust the quality to allow it to continue playing without dropping too many frames. I understand that FMCA would want to make the videos private so there are other video streaming sites that allow you to make the library private. I think it would be a really good idea to record these videos and make them available to the membership to download and view when convenient.