ispjs

Contaminated Fuel - Pilot: Cornersville, TN 37047

RayIN, I came across the jet fuel and DEF contamination also on-line.  If I hadn't been the one to post this originally, and had read the same initial information posted by someone else, I would immediately suspect driver error.  Actually even after more of the facts came out it would still have been hard for me to buy into the whole contaminated fuel from the pump cause, simply because there were no other obvious victims.

I guess I had the advantage of knowing the person this happened to which factored into how I perceived the whole incident.

Safe travels.

Joe S.  Glad to hear, they can fix the vehicle & it's covered.  Most cases I read about, DEF vs Engine=Toast.  New engine, etc.!

If I remember correctly his Dodge is either a 2016 or 2017.   I'm not that familiar with Ram 1-ton trucks but I know it is the top trim level and a really nice one.  He mentioned it will have just under 60,000 miles when he arrives down here so he certainly wants to keep it for awhile.  I just hope this repair gets everything fixed and it lasts for him.

He should be rolling in Tuesday and he has already told me there will be some beer drinking involved after they get set up.  I'm so shocked!

25 minutes ago, ISPJS said:

He should be rolling in Tuesday and he has already told me there will be some beer drinking involved after they get set up.  I'm so shocked!

After that ordeal I guess so :lol: