Sign in to follow this  
FunGlamping08

Front Slideout Inoperative: 2008 Winnebago Adventurer

I have a 2008 Winnebago Adventurer. 

I was getting ready to go on a trip, I went to pull the slides in.  I pushed the button for the rear slide, and it retracted fine.

I pushed the button for the front and it went 1/2 way in and stopped.  The motor was still going.  It won't go in or out but the rear works fine in and out.  My system has 6 solenoids, I assume the top four is for the jacks.  The bottom two are for the slides. 

I have found out to manually retract slide, loosen 1/4" nut and rachet in the side.  My questions are which solenoid is for the front slide and how is it replaced. I looked at pics on the website but see nor feel on the manifold how the solenoid is attached to the manifold?

3 hours ago, FunGlamping08 said:

The motor was still going. 

If the motor still runs, that is a indication that the solenoid is not a problem unless it wont stop running. The statement indicates that travel is not working. This would that either a gear is stripped, or a cable has jumped track in my opinion. Welcome to the forum, others will chime in and be of more assistance, I'm sure.

FunGlamping08,

Yes, welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Please confirm that your front slide is HWH hydraulic. If not, please tell us what it is.

FunGlampin08.  Welcome to the Forum! :)

If it's Lipper, then you can download the PDF on installation and see the bolts, on each side of motor, that joins the 2 cross bars together and motor, occasionally the bolt will shear off, that halts the slide, but motor will keep running, until you let go off button.  There is also a reset that you can do with your switch, if it's not the bolt problem.

The slide is indeed HWH hydraulic model AP36467 leveleze. The rear slide operates fine. So I'm confident that there is fluid and the pump is operating.  The coach and the slideout are in a position that makes it difficult to check the fluid level.  I can see the tank and manifold and the solenoids, of which there is six.  When I operate the slideout switch on the dash, I can here what sounds like an electric motor sound.  When I initially went to pull it in, it was working fine and then 1/2 way in the slideout stopped , but the motor sound kept going.  I only here the motor sound when I operate the switch on the dash, runs when I push the button, stops when I release the button.   I thought it was caught and racked, so I measured both sides and both ends of the slide are 16 1/2 inches from wall to back of slideout. 

Could be low fluid, leak, have you looked for a leak in front slide or around cylinder?  If its hard to get to, then pull rear slide in.  My HWH in a 2007 Tour, had the computer board, mounted under the front step...it will indicate by a blinking light, where the problem is!