manholt

New Newmar King Air

We did not have our phones with us.  At the Market this morning, there was a (I think new) King Air with paper tag and it had 3 axles and 6 tires!  The 2 in back looked to be 10"-12" wide and the front looked normal width!

2 hours ago, manholt said:

We did not have our phones with us.  At the Market this morning, there was a (I think new) King Air with paper tag and it had 3 axles and 6 tires!  The 2 in back looked to be 10"-12" wide and the front looked normal width!

Sounds like a modification that someone changed over to Super Singles. I just looked it up on their website, while its a terrible website with little detail, all of the King Air photos show traditional dual's on the drive axle. That looks like a great next coach for you, 200 gallon fuel tank :D

28 minutes ago, jleamont said:

That looks like a great next coach for you, 200 gallon fuel tank

I second next generation for Super Carl, just order it with super singles like the owner of that coach probably did, very doable these days, and no worries about dual kissing.:ph34r: That might be contagious. LOL

Buying that coach for 2019 or 2020 you really may want to try to get them down 30% off MSRP.

I am seeing more and more super singles on commercial big rigs.  It is probably only a matter of time before luxury coaches start coming out with them.

Common on big rigs, why? When the new emissions came along tractors got significantly heavier, the end goal is to carry as much freight as possible but keep it just under 80,000 lbs. super singles lighten up a tandem axle tractor just enough to off set all of the emissions components. 

That is the only positive they provide other than maybe a few tenths of MPG which is debatable. We compare both at work and there is nothing worthy of reporting on. Drivers have a much more significant impact on MPG.