eric@babin.com

BUILDING RV PAD / TEXAS HILL COUNTRY

16 hours ago, manholt said:

Nice area, I might stop by after breakfast tomorrow...Red Jeep, 2 door on Steroids!  Been here since Sunday pm, waiting on a module. 

We stopped by TCC this morning to drop off a couple Christmas CDs our radio station produced last year..... just a "Merry Christmas" thank you type of gift.  

radio-trop-rock-christmas-cd-400x400.jpg

DBenoit.

I was there in the Jeep earlier today.  Met nice people.  Not as much room as the pictures show and it's not an easy place to find...I would say no, but then that's up to Eric!

As long as it's a pass through, and we are home, feel free to stop by...you'll have about 10 acres to plop down on! :lol: The other 3 acres are house, barns, storage and a 50' x 100' pole barn!  We have another property outside of Three Rivers, with full H/U's

I was just joking about Eric's place. I've been wanting to get back to TX for a long time. Looks like you have

a nice spread. Oh forgive me, I almost forgot, Everything is big in TX.

David

16 hours ago, manholt said:

DBenoit.

I was there in the Jeep earlier today.  Met nice people.  Not as much room as the pictures show and it's not an easy place to find...I would say no, but then that's up to Eric!

As long as it's a pass through, and we are home, feel free to stop by...you'll have about 10 acres to plop down on! :lol: The other 3 acres are house, barns, storage and a 50' x 100' pole barn!  We have another property outside of Three Rivers, with full H/U's

Sorry we didn't get a chance to visit longer.....  we stay pretty busy even though we are "retired".  

22 hours ago, DBenoit said:

Boondockers Welcome ?  😎

The property is actually owned by the inlaws…. I'm not sure they understand the whole "RV community" thing.... If we owned it the answer would be yes... but as mentioned.... also it's only 3 acres and it's a circle drive... if you get off the drive, you will sink pretty quick... unfortunately I know from experience.  

Eric, I enjoyed it & you got to start somewhere!  I retired at 42, people thought I was crazy...been busier since then, than I ever was  when working!  My youngest first cousin in Norway 37, informed me 2 hours ago that he just retired this morning....Sold his half of a Animation Co. $1.8 Billion tax free!!!  He said that now, he's free to do what he wants!  I told him, "If your looking for nothing to do?  Go back to work"! :lol:

Merry Christmas🎄

5 hours ago, ERIC@BABIN.COM said:

Sorry we didn't get a chance to visit longer.....  we stay pretty busy even though we are "retired".

Don't worry Carl is in the Pipe Creek area fairly often. 😁

Bill

Wayne, yes!  You should look at the group PM more often! :P

#1 inverter decided to give up, last Friday, 3 hours after I left TCC for the Ranch.  Came back here Sunday PM and had a new inverter Monday...now, if my #1 EMC don't come in tomorrow am, I'm headed to Ranch #2, west of Three Rivers for Christmas...Linda has been there, since Sunday!

Sorry Eric, for stealing your post.  :( We do that sometimes! :wacko:

14 hours ago, manholt said:

Sorry Eric, for stealing your post.  :( We do that sometimes! :wacko:

No worries! It's all good info / chat.

I'm told by our contractor more work will be done today!  Here's hoping!  May have more pictures of the project before Christmas!

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 8:41 AM, manholt said:

Getting the roof on, before Christmas, would be a nice present. :rolleyes:

So close... but nope... Here is where we stand as of now.... next crew will be in on December 26th..... Why won't they work on Christmas?  Just kidding... Merry Christmas!!!!

IMG_0480.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

4 inches of rain and pea size hail last night.... would have been nice to have been able to park under it last night.... but they were here early in the morning to finish the framing... / 

Next up metal roof and electrical.... then paint....  

estimated completion... Jan 11.

IMG_0493.jpg

Eric,

Being out in the country be sure and tell you insurance company that you have a metal roof and it mayl help in the insurance. Also tell your agent for your vehicles that the MH will be parked under full coverage, that to might help.

Looking good.

Herman

Looks good and like they know what they are doing...and FAST  This is not good for you Hail...dents metal roofs unless 20 gage or better subsequently higher cost...ask me how I know. So when I built the cabin in Colorado I put an impact resistant asphalt roof on it.  State Farm wrote me a check. Something to think about. I did the same thing on a rental property and they wrote me another check. The cost difference over a standard asphalt roof not much.

When I remodeled my house in 1986, in the Hill Country, I used 20 gage metal...that was one expensive 5,400 sq. ft. roof.  :( 

10 hours ago, rsbilledwards said:

Looks good and like they know what they are doing...and FAST  This is not good for you Hail...dents metal roofs unless 20 gage or better subsequently higher cost..

Bill, several things. First he is putting decking on the roof and I assume 20 to 30 pound felt. With the solid surface he should have very little cosmetic damage. And second, he is far out in the country and cosmetic damage to an out building shouldn't be a issue. 

We live in a all metal home. The entire house was decked out with 3/4" decking material, felt on the roof and TyVex on the walls. We have had some really severe storms with no damage. Since it was a home we had it spray foam insulated completely. Consequently you can not hear any noise when it rains.

But as you said looks like his builder is doing a good job.

Herman